Undeclared - First impressions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveMc, Sep 25, 2001.

1. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

Anyone else catch Undeclared on Fox tonight?I thought it look pretty good from the previews, and i gota chuckle out of it here and there. Overall though, I thought it was a little lacking, but I think once we get a little more familiar with the characters it'll be a pretty good show.
    also quick question for those that saw it. Who was the girl that had the panic attack? She looked sooo familiar it is driving me nuts. Pretty sure I saw her in a movie but don't know where...!!
    ------------------
    Crash
    "I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

2. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

I thought it was pretty good. From the previews I was thinking it would be really lame, but it actually kept me entertained. I figure if it can hold my attention long enough to not start playing NFL 2k1 again then it is worth checking it out again. Peace
    ------------------
    "Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
    South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
    Beavis and Butthead on DVD
    Family Guy on DVD

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Steve:
    She is http://us.imdb.com/Name?Keena,+Monica
    I thought it was alright, a few good things in it. I'll watch a few more eps if nothing worth watching is up against it.
    ------------------

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

The show was great, not as good as Freaks and Geeks, but it's still better than most crap on TV now.
    The first half of the episode was great, but the second half was lacking. Hopefully the episodes will improve later on in the season.
    And I must say that Carla Gallo is a hottie. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
    [Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on September 26, 2001 at 08:22 AM]

5. Damian

Damian Agent

I thought it was okay. I didn't laugh that much but there is deffinatly an oppurtunity here.
    Did anybody else think of Tom Green in Road Trip when you saw that one tall goofy dude? The one that drew on the fathers face at the end.
    ------------------
    -Damian

6. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

I haven't seen the show yet, but from watching the commercials the guy that played the Led Zepplin fan in Almost Famous is in it.

7. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Well it was certainly nice to see Freaks and Geeks actor Seth Rogen back; from the article I read on the show a few weeks back, he's also apparently part of the writing staff!
    By the way, did anybody else catch the other F&G reference? Jason Segel--who played the drummer-obsessed student in F&G--also played the boyfriend on the phone in Undeclared.
    Overall, it was a pretty good first episode. All the cast members seem to be pretty comfortable in their roles (freshmen are all a jangle of nerves while the juniors are calm and collected) and, like F&G, has a nice compliment of appropriate songs. So far, I'm pretty impressed by the show and look forward to future episodes. Let's hope this show lasts longer than some of Judd Apatow's previous work (F&G, The Critic, The Ben Stiller Show).
    Oh, and the show gets bonus points for featuring both a Spinal Tap poster and the three Tap action figures. [​IMG]

8. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

9. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I've seen Monica Keena in a couple of things and I can tell you she's had some plastic surgery done recently. At the very least she's had collagen injections in her upper lip, and maybe she's had her teeth capped. She's still really cute, but man does she look different.

10. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

It was a lot better than I expected it to be. Like to see how it is going to develop. The characters were not developed enough but it was the first episode.

11. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

12. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

OK, allow me to be the one guy who says "Loudon Wainwright, cool." I'll be keeping this show in my regular viewing cycle, even though the time-slot opposite Buffy is a pretty lousy one. I hope the show lasts long enough for them to give Stephen Lea Sheppard a part. You may remember him as Harris in Freaks and Geeks. He was always my favorite supporting character on the show.
    Brad

13. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

14. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Did they skip an episode? Or did they air it on a different night and not tell anyone? This week's episode was supposed to have been titled "So you have a boyfriend" and Steven was supposed to find out about the creepy, obsessive boyfriend. Instead, it has a different title and it opens with him knowing all about the boyfriend. It seems like Fox is trying to catch up with their original schedule by skipping an episode than can not be aired out of sequence.
    Also, Fox is re-airing the pilot episode tonight. This is not a good sign, because this is usually done when they think nobody watched it the first time around, like with "Freaks and Geeks". Will Judd Apatow be a "bridesmaid" again?
    Brad

15. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Found the answer to my own question at this site. Fox rushed the fourth episode to air and bumped the 2nd episode two weeks.
    Hey Fox, knock it off!
    Brad

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

17. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

I just saw the last episode and thought it was great. I was screaming w/ laughter during the pet store/bird attack bit and the "You've Got Mail" subplot was good as well. All three storylines held up really well. I wish I hadn't deleted from my TiVo as I'd love to watch it again.

18. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

19. Steve Kramzer

Steve Kramzer Stunt Coordinator

heh, I'm disappointed I missed the second episode, sounds funny. I thought the first episodes wasnt bad, but just had 2 comments. First, I wish it was that easy to have a party in your dorm floor, if it was I wouldnt have had to pay all those fines last year [​IMG] .... and secondly they were playing beer pong all wrong in the first episode, only retards use paddles.

20. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Its okay, not as funny as i thought it would be, but ill keep watching it see how it goes..
    That brunette girl is sooooo cute... holy crap... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
    You're all entitled to your opinion, but you're all wrong!!! - Paul Dalmine