1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Undecided, need some help with my selection.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy-J, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Jimmy-J

Jimmy-J Auditioning

I am looking for some information and advice on a home theater setup. I have $4500 to spend and need to buy a RPTV, new DVD player, and possibly a new surround receiver.
    On the TV I am leaning towards the Mitsubishi WS-55511 with the intergrated HDTV, that way I won’t have to buy an additional HDTV receiver. But I am curious about the LCD RPTV’s. Is their a 55” LCD RPTV with the same features as the Mits. Is a CRT better than the LCD? I will mainly use this set for DVD’s over the air HDTV signals and possibly hook my computer to it. What I don’t understand is why this TV has to be calibrated. Its brand new why should it be, is this something expensive and will Mitsubishi cover this?

On to the DVD player, I now have a Hitachi DV-P303. It’s a piece of crap. First week out of the box it was in for a 3-month repair. So I don’t want another Hitachi, or anything with Sony’s name on it. I am looking at Mitsubishi DD-8030, is this a good DVD player? Does JVC make a DVD player equivalent to the DD-8030? I would like to keep all of the components the same brand as I already have a JVC RX-9010V. Which I had bought some months ago to hook up to my computer with 2 15’s, 2 12’s, and a three-piece center set. But that’s another story. Does Mitsubishi make a quality receiver for my application or should I just use my JVC.

So in short will a Mitsubishi WS-55511 work well with the Mitsubishi DD-8030 DVD player and the JVC RX-9010V receiver (or a different model).
    I know I have left some stuff out, so if you think of something please let me know.

Thank you for your replies and comments.

2. Jimmy-J

Jimmy-J Auditioning

Please!

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Try asking about your tv decisions in the display devices section. personally i dont know much about rptv's, but the LCD ones wont burn in

Sony makes them, i dont know if anyone else does