Uncut X-rated version! David Lynch's Wild at Heart · Sep 3

Discussion in 'Movies' started by MarcusUdeh, Jul 11, 2004.

1. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

2. MarcusUdeh

The above isn’t a DVD release announcement, but a heads up on the movie’s midnight theatrical screening in Westwood, CA.

3. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

Wild at Heart preceded the NC-17 rating by a couple of months. The X rating doesn't even exist anymore, does it?

4. MarcusUdeh

No but it's an old movie.

5. MarcusUdeh

My best bet is that this version will have the Dafoe sequence untouched; highly doubtful that it’s the extended version with twenty minutes worth-of added scenes. To my knowledge that version was never shown publicly.

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Ive seen uncut version on ebay.

I think its like the Robocop Dir Cut where the harder rating was for graphic violence, which wouldnt be conisidered so bad nowadays.

7. MarcusUdeh

Lynch Link

HEADING OFF AN X
    by Mitchell Fink,
    People, June 18, 1990

When David Lynch's violent and sexually explicit film Wild at Heart grabbed top honors last month at the Cannes Film Festival, there was much speculation about whether the film would get an X rating in America and how Lynch might alter it, if he were so inclined, to ensure that it wound up an R picture. But what most of the viewers at Cannes didn't know was that Lynch, 44, the co- creator of ABC's Twin Peaks, had already taken scissors to Wild at Heart even before its festival showing.

Originally, in one of the movie's scenes a man and a woman blow off another man's head with a gun and then kiss over their victim's headless torso. Disgusting? Some of Lynch's friends thought so when he screened it for them months before Cannes. Invited guests walked out of a screening in Los Angeles because, as Monty Montgomery, one of the film's producers, admits, ''the scene grossed them out.''
    Lynch's reaction was to leave the murder in but soften the footage that immediately followed. Wild at Heart stars Laura Dern and Nicolas Cage and opens in August.

8. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I'm guessing this is scene dealing with Johnny Farragut's(Harry Dean Stanton) demise?

9. MarcusUdeh

10. MarcusUdeh

Tonight I made a phone call to the good people at the NUART Theatre regarding Wild at Heart, of course; the version that is being touted as uncut and x-rated: will only be shown for one tonight only. I won’t be able to make it that night. However I needed to let my mind rest at the idea that only think uncensored would be gun smoke. Knock me over with a feather why don’t you. I called a number that was given on the voice-operated number that allows you to speak with a real person. The young lady I spoke with didn’t know much about the print, but she obliged me by asking someone who knew. She tells me that the print that they have runs a whopping TEN minutes longer than the original US theatrical print! I was told this alternate version contain the obvious more sex and violence. I’m jealous of all you who’ll be able to see this September 3rd.

NUART THEATRE Standard phone line (310) 281-8223