What's new

Uncut "Hawaii"? (1 Viewer)

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
I still am not understanding this partial stereo stuff - it doesn't make any sense, does it?

Charles H

Screenwriter
The VHS Letterboxed version is listed as "3 hours and 8 minutes". This is the most underrated of all the road shows. It contains my favorite Elmer Bernstein score and the camerawork by Russell Harlan is superb. The scope, the historical ambition of both the film and the actual events, and the "toughness" make HAWAII an excellent companion piece to the dvd release of JAMES MICHENER'S "CENTENNIAL." Certainly HAWAII contains the most unsympathetic protagonist that side of THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the Partial stereo. In the few locations where this was used, it gave the audience a feeling of big in a few key moments, The opening of the film, the storm at sea - which had tremendous surround sound, the finale of the movie. I saw it this way in New York and just assumed the theater was habing sound system problems that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks