What's new

Uncancelable leases experiences? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I got involved in some kind of "business". Well it was about selling and building websites, it was a total debacle from the beginning, the company lied to me and I wound up with a lease on some credit card equipment which I had no clue that another company was involved until the papers came and I signed them thinking it was part of the first company. I got out of the business and put a stop payment on the credit card lease company. Well they want their money and claim it is a uncancelable lease. I feel ripped off (for many reasons)but mainly because the monthly payment was supposed to be for the price of the business and not any kind of lease. I offered to settle with the credit card company and send back the machine, their offer was way way way high. I counter-offered and that is where I stand.
Anybody have any kind of similar experience like this?

KyleS

Screenwriter
Read the contract that you signed and see if it states that it isnt cancelable. And if it really is a lot of money it might be worth consulting an attorney to see what rights, if any, that you have.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks