Unable to get S-Video output from AIW Radeon 7500

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelG, May 13, 2002.

1. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

I got the AIW Radeon 7500 card about two weeks ago, installed and everything works for the msot part, except that I can't get the S-Video to output to my TV. When I connect Composite it works fine, the card detects the connection and I can use the TV as an extended desktop, or as a primary or secondary and view DVD/TV/Media file.

Is there something that I need to do to have the video card specfically output S-Video? Since I never get a signal I wasn't sure if there was a setting that I need to switch for S-Video output.

Mike

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Hmmm do you go to Display Properties, Advanced, Settings, Displays Tab and see that the corner of the TV tab is red when you have S-Video conneted to your tv?

3. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

Scott, I am only getting that Red Tab with the Composite connection, not with S-Video. I am going to have to hook up my DVD player to that TV again through S-Video to make sure that the TV's S-Video input is working properly.

I never had a problem with it before, but maybe there is something wrong with the TV. Strange though that the Video card still wouldn't recognize it even if the TV's S-Video input was not working properly, I would think that the card would still be able to detect a connection.