What's new

(un)Official HTF Greater Cincinnati Meet (v.2) (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Mike,

Kev called and said it was real nice. He really liked your house. I wish I could have been there, but this stupid cold has got the better of me.

Brian started this whole thing, and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him or Chad or that guy from Cleveland...what's his name!

Who is hosting the next Meet...LaMarcus??

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
What a great evening! The SVS was testing the structural rigidity of Mike's house; I think we're lucky the china didn't break. LaMarcus, we definately had the sub level about 20 decibels too high. ;)
It was fun meeting everybody. Mike, your TV is looking great (that is what I heard from an unbiased video expert who is incapable of any form of error). And thanks for the pizza and refreshments!
I'm looking forward to the next meet. I've got a DIY sub that I doubt will match the SVS, but I'd like to compare it sometime. Kevin, maybe when you get your basement done we could do a shootout.

-Chad B (the 16 year old calibrator):D

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Mike, thanks again for the pizza and the hospitality at your beautiful home. I had an excellent time last night, which is more than I can say at the moment...I'm currently sitting in the bleachers at Great American Ballpark watching the Reds get clobbered 13-1. Love this phone!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Dammit, I'm the last to post. :angry:

Well, we definitely had a great time. I see now that when I host I have to have beer and pizza. Wish I could also have that Soprano size home that Mike has. You were a gracious host Mikethanks for having us.

George just left from my house about 5 minutes ago, He let me see that THX wow disc, all I can say is....WOW. It's such a tease though, you get to see Star wars on dvd for about 6 or 7 mins, and it was sweet!

Mike, I checked my screen when I got home and your picture wasen't soft at all, that WAS the dvd looking like that. But I still think it was too bright;) :D

Chad, "the 16 year old calibrator" I think that's hilarious. You did a good job on Mike's set, next thing you know you'll be the 'Gregg Loween' of Ohio.:)

Allan, you missed out man, you definitely missed out on all the smack Kevin was talking about you, he had us in stitches.

Can't wait to see you fellas when I host. Only problem is, do I wait till I get a projector, or do I go ahead now. When George came into my theater, he said no way do I need a bigger screen, but hey, there is no such thing as too big.:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
LaMarcus,

See how your best friend deals ya when he gets a chance!! That's OK, he knows that I am just waiting for him to get that over-sized walk-in closet he calls a HT room completed so I can build mine bigger and better...and I will!! Just kidding, Kev...it's going to turn out real nice, I'm sure!!

The whole time Kev and I have been friends I have set the trends and he has followed. That's cool...it's nice to be a trend setter!!

Shame on you Kev!!:angry:

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Hey All:

I've had so much fun getting to know you guys a little.

It feels really good to have a new group of friends.

Chad: You left all our books here! Discovered them this morning. Some good reading in there! I need to figure how to get then back to you. Sure your old enough to read them?:)

Can't wait till the next meet!

Time seems so short when your having fun..........

Mike:)

BTW: No china damage. That sub must of not worked very well......Ha

Gang,

Thanks for an excellent time Saturday night. :emoji_thumbsup:
Mike, thanks a bunch for the brew and the hospitality. Your system is looks and sounds great!
I'm looking forward to the next meet. Hopefully sometime this summer we can get together at my place.
Again, it's always terrific for everyone to share their expertise in this field.

See you guys soon!

Kev

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys!

Well, I made it home! I can tell you, it was worth the drive. I had a lot of fun. Mike's house was very very nice. All of the guys were great. Mike's system sounded very nice and his tv looked great. And when LaMarcus brought his sub and we played the bass CD, WOW! What a wake-up call. I cannot believe how good that sub sounded. And I cannot believe I was thinking of buying TWO!

Here are some of my favorite moments: (not in any particualr order)

1.) The SVS
2.) LaMarcus asking Mike what he thought of HD on his tv. Mike says, "I don't get HD-HBO." Then LaMarcus flips the remote and what do we see? HD-HBO. Mike was so floored, that I didn't think we would end up watching any of the movies we brought along.
3.) Finding out Brian went to school with Jennifer Garner!
4.) Seeing a beautifully calibrated tv and seeing the process in action.
5.) Thinking about how Mike said there's no reason we wouldn't get to a full movie earlier in this thread. We have ALL night, eh Mike?!
6.) Having fun at Alan's expense.:D
7.) Have I mentioned the SVS!:)

There were many other moments, but I don't want to fill up the servers. Needless to say, it was a great time.

Mike, thanks for hosting, the pizza, and for the beverages. Nice house. It was a pleasure to meet you. Very nice set-up. However, after seeing LaMarcus' the next day, you should paint the wall behind the tv black. Awesome effect! Do you think your wife would approve?:D

Brian, Dave, Kevin, it was nice to meet you all and I hope to see you at the next meet.

Chad, nice job on the calibration. I have a guy I work with that might want your services. He just bought a Hitachi RPTV and from what he described the geometry isn't even close. You should hear him talk about this thing. Rookie! And one more thing, can I see your ID? It's a good thing no cops were called or Mike would've been arrested letting you drink!

LaMarcus, thanks for hauling your SVS over. It sounded great. And thanks for letting me stop by your place with my sister and future brother-in-law. They loved it. Too bad they didn't come to Mike's too. Anyway, your whole set-up was really cool. Your screen size was really nice for that room. Yes, you can never have too much, but do you really think it would be worth losing all that nice black level your tv has?

Dave, sorry about your Reds. If it makes you feel any better, my Indians couldn't hit a beach ball. Although, they did beat you guys twice!:crazy:

Alan, hope to meet you next time!

Ok, LaMarcus when's the next meet!!!

Talk to you all later, and again it was a lot of fun!
George

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, yeah, I realized I forgot the mags on the way home. Go ahead and check 'em out till we have the next meet, then if you remember to bring them that would be great, and if not no big deal.
George, I had a call from Jason up near Cleveland who has a Hitachi... Same guy? If so, thanks for the referral!!! He said he had a buddy with the same Hitachi, and I'm hopefully gonna go calibrate both of them and make it a little vacation/tour after the break in period. My wife and I have been wanting to go to Ceader Point.

Chad

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey, Chad, are you married? What's the legal age in Ohio again? Must be a newlywed at best.:D

No, the guy with the Hitachi is Rich. I asked him for the info on the tv and I'll e-mail it to you so you can tell me if you can do it and how much, etc.

I am going to Cedar Point July 6th this year. Company picnic. Last year was awesome!

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Hey Gang,

Off to Las Vegas first thing in the morning for a long Easter weekend. If I hit it big, I'm going to buy more HT stuff!!

Happy Easter to you and yours!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Have fun big Al.

George that age comment was terribly funny. I don't think we'll ever let Chad grow up.;)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys, what's happening? Everyone have a good holiday?

Chad, I sent you an e-mail but I forgot to ask how long the break in period is for my friend's tv?

So, when is the next meet? Are we going to have one this summer? If I ever host one (which wouldn't be for awhile anyway), would you guys make the trip down here?

Well, thanks to LaMarcus, I am now extra poor. I bought a SVS today. I can't wait until I get it! Hopefully next week. And, yes, I only bought ONE!

Talk to you all later!
George

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Congrats George. You should have your sub by Friday at the latest. It is a Ohio based company, it doesn't take long at all. Since I volunteered to host the next meet I guess I should start the next thread.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
George:

When you do host a meet I'll surely try to make it. Congrats as well on your pruchase - I'm jealous.

I see (..) That new thread LaMarcus!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks