What's new

(un)Official HTF Greater Cincinnati Meet (v.2) (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Mine would, I've been on 3rd for 2 years. But then again, I don't know what it feels like to wake up and go to work during the day time and get off during the day time. I can't remember what that's like. I think I'd just be glad to not be sleepy at work.

Mike, I'm at work, just got finished configuring someones MS Outlook, she couldn't send mail out. I thought about sending in a rain check for this meet. I'm so tired, and I have a lot of school work to get done (I most likely wouldn't do school work on Sat. night anyway).

But my motivation is George, he's driving down all the way from Cleveland. And he wants to hear a svs very badly. I'm trying to convince him that he doesn't need 2 SVS ULTRAS!!! Every time I think about that I start to use the lords name in vain.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't NEED two Ultras. I don't NEED HDTV. I don't NEED surround sound.:D

You don't have to use the Lord's name in vain, LaMarcus, I probably won't get two of them anyway, but I appreciate that I am motivating you to bring your SVS for me to hear. I can't wait! These are gettting soooo much hype that it's driving me nuts that a) I don't yet have the money saved up for one, b) I keep picturing how it sounds in my head with all of my favorite movie scenes.

What DVD is everyone bringing? Anyone bringing U-571? If not, I want to hear that with the SVS and I'll bring mine. Is there a particular movie that we are watching (if we get that far)?

The best thing about third shift is the lack of traffic on the way to and from work, compared to the jams I encounter during the day. I don't mind third shift, though. Especially with the premium!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm not THAT far away. About an hour. Far enough that I don't think that alcohol would be a good idea for me.

Beeeeerrrr..... :frowning:

I'm looking foward to hearing that SVS as well. Until I'm able to afford my own decent-sized, soundproofed home theater room, (sometime around 2050) I have to stay with my crappy lil' off-the-shelf Aiwa system-in-a-box. Oh well. It's cheap, but it's better than nothing.

Maybe we should post what we're bringing to watch/listen to so we don't all bring the same things.

I'm bringing up my FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING: EE and YELLOW SUBMARINE discs. You can't beat the Beatles in 5.1!

As for the full movie (if we get to that) I vote for MAID IN MANHATTAN. It's soooooo cool!

;)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
You know, I never got to see Pokemon. I'm sure that would look awesome on a calibrated tv!

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Guys:

There's no reason why we can't get to a full movie.

We have all night!

Unless my equipment fails for the strain...........

LaMarcus keep the chin up and come - it will be fun.

I don't have U-571 or Yellow submarineandmy collection is NOT very big so bring what you'd like to hear or see.

PLEASE!

Mike

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
FYI Guys,

I don't know how many of you guys dig Sci-Fi films, but there's a big 24 hour Marathon getting ready to happen in Columbus. It's been going on fairly regularly for about twenty years now and they have people come in from all over the country just to attend. This year's guest is Kevin McCarthy, star of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS and one of my all time favorites, UHF. It starts at noon on April 26 and goes till noon on the following day. I'll be there!

Here's the website. The link to their forum at the bottom of their site will lead you to where you can see the full lineup.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Does any one have a digital camera to take pics of the Meet? I don't, but I think it would be cool to post pics for the rest of the forum.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I've got a digital camera, and I'd be more than happy to bring it.

I think I might also bring Strange Days (since I've read a number of raves about its sound quality) and Tron: CE (since I'm dying to hear the bass on the SVS).

LaMarcus, should one of us bring Final Fantasy to put Mike's calibration to the test? ;)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Geez man, I hope the sub meets everyone's expectations (it did last time). I feel a lot of pressure, I don't know why, I didn't make the thing I just bought it :)

Anyway, I can feel ya on the no traffic thing George, I love my clear streets and green lights on the way to work.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
LaMarcus, at night the lights are always green, even if they're red!:D

If you are worried about your SVS performing, maybe you should have bought two of them, Ultras maybe.:D

Final Fantasy looked great on my uncalibrated t.v., I would love to see it on a calibrated one! See you guys in around 13 hours!!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
George, that's some funny stuff. I can see who I'll be joking with today.:D

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Is anyone bringing Attack of the Clones, or do you have it Mike? If no one can reply within 50 minutes, don't worry about it because I'll be on the road.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.:)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Mike and All,

I have either a very bad cold or the flu (SARS), and will not be able to make it tonight. My head is all stuffy, making my hearing all f**ked up.

Sorry I have to miss this one, but since you are all such dear friends, the urge to kiss you all hello tonight would just make us all SICK!!:b

Have a good time, I'll read about it tomorrow I'm sure!!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Allan you SUCK! Naw just kidding, hope you feel better man. I knew something was going on with you since I had not seen any post from you in this thread.

Well hopefully you'll make it to mine when I host. Take care bud.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
LaMarcus,

Really hate being sick. Hey man, I've got my Paradigm PW-2200 for sale all over the internet....gonna get an SVS!!

I will be at your place soon!!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for hosting last night, Mike! It was great to finally put faces to the usernames.

LaMarcus,

I was telling my wife about your SVS. I almost teared up at the beauty of bass. Needless to say, I won't have one until we build a house with a soundproof underground chamber. THEN IT SHALL BE MINE!!!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey Alan,

You're the first of the group I contact and you don't even have the decency to show up?!!!! That's fine because I hear your TV stinks, even calibrated. And it's smaller than Kevin's!!

(BTW, I am just kidding. I hope you feel better and I see you at the next meet.)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
George, we all know that Pioneer Elite Rules!!

And Kev will NEVER, EVER, have the sound that I have.

And after I reconfigure my room, which I will, and add that 92" Front Projector screen, Kev will have to buy a house to even think about out doing that.

BTW, If wasn't for me, Kev would still be watching a 27" Sony and listening to those BOSE...hahaha!!

All kidding aside, Kev's new HT Room is going to be nice!!

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Hey:

Alan sorry we missed you. We had a great time. Toooo short.

LaMarcus' sub rattled the whole house. I had ceiling material hitting me on the head:)

Man did that thing make my system sound good. Thanks for bringing it LaMarcus! I guess we could call you the traveling SVS sub salesman. SVS oughta pay you!

Brian, George - nice to meet you! David, Kev, Chad thanks for coming.

Also thanks Chad for showing us the TV tweaks!

I watched some more of that High Def this morning - that'll spoil you!

It was good to see you all.

Hope your feeling better Alan.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks