Un Flic -- bluish tint -- intentional?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dmitry, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

As I haven't seen this movie theatrically I don't know whether the bluish tint throughout the DVD is director's intention or a sign of a bad transfer. Any info would be appreciated.

--Dmitry

2. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Dmitry - I think it is intentional. What did you think of the movie?

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Samuel, I liked the movie. My only gripe with the DVD is that it has burned-in English subtitles (to tell the truth, it makes no difference to me personally as I don't know French but I feel that burned-in subtitles should only be used when they are an integral part of the movie -- like the James Bond ones MGM failed to include -- and not for the whole movie) that on top of that left a lot to be desired. I noticed quite a few awkward translations.

As for color -- judging by the packaging that has the same tint to it I was expecting this to be intentional, just wanted to check.

Thanks,

Dmitry

4. DaveCheung

DaveCheung Agent

Do you have the Anchor Bay release? The subtitles on the AB disc are optional.

It's not as impressive as Le Samouraï but Un Flic is very good, especially if you like moody police procedurals though it's too dragged out in some spots. The opening bank robbery is detailed and tense and another job in the middle of the movie is almo

st shown entitely in real time.

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

My fault -- just because the subtitle button shows that subtitles are not available, doesn't mean it's really so [​IMG]