UMD Deals are coming Around

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave Scarpa, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    As the format grows and expands Prices are definately dropping. You are seeing more and more Sale prices on Big titles like Robots and Longest Yard. Also the Used market is springing up. I picked up SWAT for around $7.50 used and Pulp Fiction for $10. Good Pricing on Portable movies.

2. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Sounds good to me! Some of Sony's new releases are going for $10 on their official site. Awesome.

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Really I'll have to check out Sony's Site. $10 iis about where the prices should be...

4. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

I think those were for catalog titles only though, like The Terminator and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Thats how it should be, I agree!

5. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Where are you finding the best prices? So far, I find the best prices for used titles at Gamestop and EB who typically charges $15.00 for the more expensive titles (e.g., Kill Bill, Pirates, National Treasure, etc.). I find the best prices for new titles at Fry's and, oddly, Circuit City. I find that odd because their prices are normally pretty bad on software but they tend to price UMD movies $5.00 cheaper than Best Buy. So, a movie that goes for $20.00 at Best Buy goes for $15.00 at Circuit City. Wal-Mart has been pretty good as well.

That said, I have yet to see any prices that seem to be well below the current range. Any ideas on where to find them?

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Yeah Gamestop is ok for used disks especially if you use the gamestop card for an extra 10%. Not good for new umd's thou, for new I go to Walmart first, then Circuit City. Online I'd say Amazon then Deep Discount DVD.com.

It's hit and miss in circuit city. The Prices are good but often they don't even put out the new disks. Last week I had to ask about The Longest Yard , which was on sale, it was'nt even displayed on the floor, it was locked away behind customer service in a cabinet.