What's new

Um, deleted scenes deleted from ABE's "Halloween"? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Anchor Bay has officially annouced specs (no picture yet) on their website and I noticed one thing:

The television deleted scenes are missing (not mentioned) from the specs list!

I'm hoping that they simply weren't listed by mistake, cause I don't think they're incorporated back into the film (or else they would call it the extended super value meal edition, or something). Please tell me I'm not going to have to hold onto my Criterion Laser for 5 minutes for footage.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Michael Felsher said in the recent chat (May 20, 2003) that those scenes would be on the second disc as a supplement and not incorporated into the film.

Q:[ThomasC] With the upcoming Halloween re-release will it have both the orginal version and the TV version?

A:[Michael Felsher] The Halloween re-release will have the theatrical version and the TV scenes will be presented separately on the second disc.

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
another re-release?
what was wrong with the halloween SE they already did?

i guess this is a 2 dvd set?

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
ah...well the first one shoulda had that, bastards :) does it retain the 5,1 audio remix of the SE? I'd asume it has to

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
At the time, Criterion were not willing (or Anchor didn't ask) to license their commentary.

The 90-minute AMC documentary was made after the SE DVD. Or was it?

This is a new hi-def transfer.

The TV cut tarnishes the film, in my opinion. You're not missing much. Besides, the TV cut is still available individually.

This is the last time I buy this film... until HD-DVD! :D

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks