What's new

Ultraman fans, 4kids entertainment has come to their senses! (1 Viewer)

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
4kids entertainment in assoc. with funimation will be releasing uncut original Japanese language / with English subs Ultraman Tiga dvds! Its about time! Best buy has a release date of 12/09/03.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Is this the original series with Hiyata and the beta capsule?

They released some episodes on laserdisc some years ago. Sadly, I could only find a VHS copy.

Got a link? Guess I'll try to find one.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
After some research, looks like they are releasing some 15 year later series that bears little relation to the original.

I want the original series, damnit.

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I too want the original, believe me.I have a couple of volumes of the original from Japan. 4kids owns the rights I think so its their call if we get the original. Ultraman Tiga was on the foxbox last year. The dubbing stunk. they also tried to make it funny. It was pathetic. Consequently it was pulled. Ultraman tiga in its original Japanese form is actually one of the better Ultraman shows out there. Episode 49 has the original Ultraman in it!

I do have to commend 4kids for giving us Orignal Japanese Language dvds with English subtitles though. Besides beggars can't be choosers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
only the the origional series forme if ever they come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks