Ultimate TV onscreen bullets...no thanks!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jan Strnad, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

I just learned that Ultimate TV adds its own "bullets" to the TV screen, clickable icons to take you to web pages if you got the WebTV service. They can not be turned off.
    I've already stopped watching a lot of network television, including broadcast movies, because of the annoying network bullets.
    Now I know that I can turn my back on Ultimate TV and quit thinking about it, confident that I'd find the UTV bullets too obnoxious.
    ------------------
    Jan Strnad
    author of "The AtomBrain Guide to Letterboxing"

2. David_LM

David_LM Stunt Coordinator

Your loss. I am purchasing UTV for its PVR, two tuner, PIP and Dolby Digital audio capabilities. Don't care about the internet access. For $400, quite a deal, especially since I already have the dual LNB dish in place.

3. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

If you don't mind on-screen clutter, then it's a great thing. Even without the internet access, though, you're going to get the "I" and "W" icons on your screen. Just won't be able to do anything with them.
    Since I'm mainly a movie buff, any sort of added crap on the screen is a strict no-no for me. I'm certainly not going to pay to clutter up my screen!
    I do hope you enjoy your UTV, though!
    ------------------
    Jan Strnad
    author of "The AtomBrain Guide to Letterboxing"