Ultimate Toy Box UK

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ravi K, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Ravi K

Ravi K Supporting Actor

I recently won a used R2 Ultimate Toy Box from eBay. I just assumed that everything from the R1 edition would be ported over, but its missing a few things on the first 2 discs. The commentaries, 5.1 effects-only tracks, Toy Story Treats, and Buzz and Woody on set interviews are replaced by DD 5.1 tracks in Norwegian and Danish and 2.0 tracks in Hebrew and Greek.

I would have liked to hear the commentaries and the effects tracks, but the "interviews" sound like fluff, and the Toy Story Treats (ABC spots) are intriguing but not absolutely necessary for me. I wish I had looked at DVDcompare.net beforehand but overall I can't say I'm too disappointed in my purchase. The third disc looks the same. I'll have to check for the Easter Eggs.

2. Manus

Manus Second Unit

Welcome to the infuriating and downright stupid world of R2. Commentaries are regularly sacrificed on R2 discs especially if the BBFC have decided to order snips or changes to a film for ratings purposes.

The series of mtv/gollum easter eggs were removed from The Lord of the Rings Extended Trilogy in case it might corrupt the impeccably well behaved youth of R2 [​IMG]

M