What's new

Ultimate Star Trek custom cover set... ALL SERIES! (1 Viewer)

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Just as a note about the animated series, personally I wouldn't mind seeing it not included in it's "rightfull" chronological place in the design. Of the various sets, it wouldn't surprise me if that just doesn't sell as much. (Of course, part of my argument here is purely selfish, since I don't really have any intention of picking up the animated series myself. Still haven't decided on enterprise, that'll depend on how I feel about it after I finally get around to watching the second half of season 3 and season 4, but it looks like it'd be easy to drop that section without affecting the look).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
If it weren't for the "rays" I bet Ric is genius enough to be able to make the animated portion of the set able to be inserted or not, without breaking the artwork.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Will, it's those damn rays! Having a cover in there or not would definately affect the look.

For those that have the original 40 disc release of TOS Kirk will look much less crowded since it will use up 5 cases. Like I said, I may just stick an extra case on the end for the Animated Series and whatever supplements or bonus discs that may not fit, like TOS's season one bonus disc.

Thanks for the recommendation, David! Though as you well know from the DVDCA days, there are a lot of talented cover guys out there.

I have a feeling at least one guy from Paramount has seen my stuff by now. I never heard anything... and that's probably for the best.

I don't make any money from it, so it's probably no worse than a ST dedicated website.

Ric

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Wow, that's nice.

If you don't want the animated characters on there, you could just show the animated Enterprise.

If it were me, I'd put it between TOS and TNG but, of course, these are your covers after all!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

But, it's like the back cover of Mad Magazine - you could made it so that dark spot next to the enterprise is either Picard's shoulder OR it's part of that space kitten from the cartoon series.

What am I concerned about, I don't even have any of these sets.

And also word is that the Animated series is not being released after all, anyhow.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

It does seem strongly in doubt now, since David Gerrold has now confirmed to me that he never heard from those guys at Columbia House again. But as I said in my story yesterday evening, a release can't be entirely ruled out.

But I wouldn't plan on it, either. Ric, I'd suggest you just leave this as-is and if TAS gets released, cross that bridge when you come to it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Nice covers. Ric, how about a Buck Rogers to sit next to my Battlestar Galactica...that would be sweet. And as far as Columbia House goes, guys they dont even know what they DO sell. I can be holding a flyer that tells me they have a show on DVD and the rep is clueless. I tried to buy Land of the Giants from them, and they do have that, but the rep couldnt find it. Anyway back on topic, thanks again Ric.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Not to throw in a money wrench, but what about the Trek feature films? Might be nice to include them chronilogically.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
No plans for the Feature Films. I already have a set for those and I think most folks probably keep their series and movies separate. Anyway, chronological order wouldn't be too easy since they stated at the end of TNG and went thru DS9 and Voyager's run. I guess I could put them at the end, but if I were too keep with the current look, Kirk and Picard's faces would be popping up again, and that wouldn't look right!

I might have DS9 done by the end of this weekend, then I'll move onto Voyager or TNG. Right now, I'm still tweaking the big pic. I decided to go with a little less green on Voyager, it's now more of an aqua...

Larger Version

I'm also experimenting around with putting the titles above the combadges.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
How about with Captain Rachel Garrett from the Enterprise C? Sorry, Maxx, nice thought but I don't see that as an option. There's just not enough room in the big image, and this image if featuring the main stars of each series.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
For all 28 cases, it looks like it will be about 30" across. I realize these aren't for everyone and may do a nogginless skinny set more in line with the Next Gen case above. I imagine that will be at least a few months away.

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Frank... I was hoping this might be my final statement on the franchise!

Ds9 is now available for download right here.

The other sets should be released in the next few weeks (with the exception of Enterprise whose final release won't be out until November).

Ric

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Ric, that cover artwork is absolutely breathtaking! I may just have to get me some 8-disc cases for TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY so I can download your artwork for them!

I noticed one thing on the custom movie covers, though. I noticed that your cover art is based on the 2-disc versions of the first seven films, though ST:FC is set for next month. With that release, that would just leave INS and NEM for 2-disc SE releases. Won't that mean having to go back to the drawing board and doing new covers for those releases as well?

And I've got a couple of proposals for you for future projects: Smallville, Lois and Clark, and The Adventures of Superman! (Okay, so that's three, but hey, you can't go wrong there!) :)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Bill, you a Supes fan by any chance? Unfortunately, I only do covers for the stuff I collect. There are a few custom Smallville covers out there and I could probably point the way for you. As for the Trek films. They were all designed for the wider two disc cases. The only thing I change are the special features box and putting the "collector's edition" text on the front.

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks