"Ultimate Spider-Man"

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michael Allred, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    Anyone start playing this yet?

Fairly early on, Spidey's first real boss is Rhino but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what to do.

Spidey points out wet concrete and a wrecking ball and that "gives him an idea" which is obvious, knock him into the concrete with the ball but you first have to get him in front of the ball. How?

Rhino starts by lifting up some object and you hear Spidey saying he needs to get his attention and maybe by "getting on his back" you can do that.

Well, as best as I can tell, you can't get on his back, you go right through him. You can hit him a few times but it does nothing. There's a glowing blue spot on his back as well which is clearly a target but you can only hit him a couple of times before he throws that big object he was ripping out from the ground and throws it. Once he throws it, you fail and you just have a few seconds to do what you're supposed to do *before* he makes the throw.

I'm completely at a loss and I'm sure it must be something simple but I don't know what or how to accomplish the objective.

Can anybody help?

2. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

Check gamefaqs.com -

You do have to jump onto his back by pressing "jump" then "grab" when you're up there. Then you lure him to the cement, and let him punch downward... then drop the wrecking ball, let him have it... the fight continues from there, but it should get more self-explanatory after that, I hope..

Apart from being stuck, how are you liking this game, Michael? (I haven't played it yet).. it's gotten "eh"-to-good reviews almost everywhere.

3. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I like the game myself. It is a lot like the Spider-Man 2 game except with better graphics. Plus, you get a cool Brian Michael Bendis storyline.

Brion

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Looking forward to getting this one, especially since they got Bendis and Bagley involved. The reviews all sound really positive, so I'll add it to the list of things to pick up used when I run out of games.

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

The story is pretty good. But the Venom parts are dull. The first time, it's pretty fun, but afterwards, it's just repetitive.

The worst part of the game is that it is ultra short. I finished it in about 6 hours.

6. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I've enjoyed the game, I dig the whole "comic book come to life" look but it's just not as...involving as "Spider-Man 2" game. It's definitely worth a rental.

7. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Damn, that certainly dropped the price I'm willing to pay by about 10 bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

The last spider-man game I actually finished was the original PSX game (with the Stan Lee voiceovers!). Were the others actually worth the time?

8. James T

James T Screenwriter

The Spider-man 2 movie game is awesome. It's probably a 20 hour long game, but most of the missions don't lead to an interesting storyline. Ultimate Spider-man had Bendis on board, so you really can't beat that. I also liked the swing system in Spider-man 2, better. It's more complex, but realistic at the same time. Ultimate Spider-man seems as simple as the PSX version.

Give Ultimate Spider-man a rent. It's a good game, just ultra short. If you're one of those people that like to unlock everything(I'm not one of those), then Ultimate Spider-man will give you about 50 hours of gameplay.