1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection (14 discs) $15 after $20 MIR TODAY (12/05) ONLY

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Jeff Meyers, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers Supporting Actor

Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection (BOXED SET)
    Our Price: $34.99 After Rebate: $14.99 Reg. Price: $129.92

Free Budget Shipping on Orders Over $25

[​IMG] TODAY ONLY! Save $20 after mail-in rebate!
    Purchase Oliver Stone Collection today and receive $20 after mail-in rebate! Offer valid from 12/5/2006 to 12/5/2006.

Note: You can save an additional 10% if paying by MasterCard and using promo / discount code MCOCT2006 resulting in a net of $11.49 (+ tax) after the $20 MIR.

The Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection includes twelve of this legendary filmmaker's best films. This collection contains 14 discs filled with hours of commentary and bonus features. Also included is a bonus disc made exclusively for this collection. The collection contains: Born on the 4th of July, The Doors, JFK (Director's Cut), Platoon Salvador, Talk Radio, Wall Street, Any Given Sunday (Director's Cut), Heaven and Earth, Natural Born Killers, Nixon, Oliver Stone's America, U-Turn AND the Ultimate Oliver Stone Bonus Disc containing Looking for Fidel, Stone's second Castro documentary.

[​IMG]Format: DVD[​IMG]Screen Format: Enhanced Wide Screen Letterbox for 16x9 TV/Pan and Scan for TV[​IMG]Sound: DD5.1/DD1/DD2/DDS[​IMG]UPC: 00012569594876[​IMG]SKU: 40696472[​IMG]Features: cc Salvador: [​IMG] "Into the Valley of Death" documentary featuring interviews with director Oliver Stone, James Woods, Jim Belushi, and others [​IMG] Audio commentary by Oliver Stone [​IMG] Deleted scenes [​IMG] Original theatrical trailer [​IMG] [​IMG] Platoon: [​IMG] "Tour of the Inferno" documentary featuring interviews with the director, cast, and crew [​IMG] Audio commentary by director Oliver Stone [​IMG] Audio commentary by military supervisor Captain Dale Dye [​IMG] Photo gallery [​IMG] Collectible booklet [​IMG] Original theatrical trailer [​IMG] TV spots [​IMG] [​IMG] Wall Street: [​IMG] Commentary by Oliver Stone [​IMG] Making-of documentary [​IMG] Theatrical trailers [​IMG] TV spots [​IMG] [​IMG] Talk Radio: [​IMG] Production notes [​IMG] Cast and filmmakers [​IMG] [​IMG] Born on the Fourth of July: [​IMG] Feature commentary with director Oliver Stone [​IMG] Production notes [​IMG] Cast and filmmakers [​IMG] [​IMG] The Doors: [​IMG] Commentary by director Oliver Stone [​IMG] "The Road of Excess" documentary: Includes behind-the-scenes footage; original concert footage; interviews with Val Kilmer, Frank Whaley, Meg Ryan, Kyle MacLachlan, Kevin Dillon, Kathleen Quinlan, Oliver Stone, Robby Krieger, Patricia Kennealy-Morrison [​IMG] 43 minutes of additional footage [​IMG] Cinematographic moments [​IMG] Featurette [​IMG] Theatrical trailer and teaser [​IMG] Cast and crew information [​IMG] Production notes [​IMG] [​IMG] JFK: Director's Cut: [​IMG] Feature-length audio commentary by director/co-writer Oliver Stone [​IMG] Cast/crew biographies [​IMG] Awards roundup [​IMG] [​IMG] Heaven & Earth: [​IMG] Feature-length audio commentary by writer/director Oliver Stone [​IMG] Deleted scenes [​IMG] Theatrical Trailer [​IMG] [​IMG] Natural Born Killers: [​IMG] Feature-length audio commentary by writer/director Oliver Stone [​IMG] Behind-the-scenes documentary: "Chaos Rising: The Storm Around Natural Born Killers" [​IMG] Deleted scenes [​IMG] Alternate ending [​IMG] Theatrical trailer [​IMG] [​IMG] Nixon: [​IMG] Commentary by Oliver Stone [​IMG] [​IMG] U-Turn: [​IMG] Theatrical trailer [​IMG] [​IMG] Any Given Sunday: [​IMG] Footage Not Seen in North American Theatres [​IMG] Feature-length director and star commentaries [​IMG] Music-only audio track [​IMG] Instant Replay: Jump to football game scenes [​IMG] Theatrical trailer [​IMG] [​IMG] Oliver Stone's America: [​IMG] Stone?s New York University Student Film "Last Year in Viet Nam" [​IMG] [​IMG] Bonus disc: [​IMG] On the set of Alexander -- Go inside the mind and work ethic of a dynamic director, profiled via insights from he stars of his newest movie. [​IMG] Looking for Fidel [​IMG] Persona Non Grata[​IMG]DVD Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1/2.35:1[​IMG]Discs: 14[​IMG]Sides: 15[​IMG]Language: Eng/Fre/Spa[​IMG]Subtitles: Eng/Fre/Spa/Por

fye.com must charge tax in all states except:
    DE, NH, MT, OR, AE, AP, GU, PR, VI, AA. Sales tax is automatically computed on both product(s) and shipping costs. To see the total sales tax charged on your order, click on checkout underneath your basket listings.

Links:
    Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection (BOXED SET)
    $20 MIR

EDIT - UPDATE
    I'm definitely not a huge Oliver Stone fan, but at this price I couldn't resist, so I just placed my order. I used AMEX for payment and still was able to use the promo / discount code of MCOCT2006.

My Order Total:
    $34.99 + $3.48 (Budget Shipping) - $3.48 (Free Budget Shipping) - $3.50 (10% Off) + $2.44 (Tax) = $33.93 (Total) - $20 (MIR) = $13.93 (Net)

2. James D

James D Second Unit

This coupon also gives you free shipping(the free shipping on $25 or more doesn't apply when using a coupon. Fortunately, this coupon offer includes free shipping). You also do not have to use a MasterCard. It should work fine with other credit cards.

3. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

Little box on the side saying 'Sold Out'... yet it still looks as though you can back order it. Price-and-rebate offer still work?

4. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I placed my order earlier today, but didn't notice a SOLD OUT or Backorder listed anywhere... It could have already been sold out - I just didn't know to look for the sign and didn't notice the 'Backorder' beside it if it was there. There was no further indication that it was out of stock.

Anyway, THANKS JEFF for posting this. This is an AMAZING deal - less than a dollar a disc. I already had 2 or 3 of these, and a few have been updated with better transfers and additional special features - but still, this is tough to beat, and my brothers will be happy to take the ones I already had off my hands.

5. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

The 'Sold Out' is there now... you just got in at the right time...

Reading the fine print of the rebate offer, it requires the order confirmation e-mail and packing slip dated today... which you wouldn't get if it has to be back-ordered, so I'm concluding I'm too late to get in on this one, darn it.

$35 (+ tax, - code discount) is still a good deal, but not as much so as the 'under $15', of course.

6. Don Lindbergh

I don't know what 'Enhanced Wide Screen Letterbox for 16x9' is trying to say but without question "The Doors" at least is most definiately NOT 'enhanced for 16x9' (meaning anamorphic).

A proper version of this is being released 12-12-06

7. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    So, a list of the films:
    -Salvador
    -Platoon (better extended cut/SE available)
    -Wall Street
    -Talk Radio
    -Born on the Fourth of July (better SE available?)
    -The Doors (better anamorphic SE available 12/12/06)
    -JFK: Director's Cut (2-disc SE available)
    -Heaven & Earth
    -Natural Born Killers (better SE available?)
    -Nixon
    -U-Turn
    -Any Given Sunday (better SE available?)
    -Oliver Stone's America
    -Looking for Fidel Persona Non Grata (exclusive to this set?)

Anyone know which of these are anamorphic and which aren't?

8. Joe-Frietze

Joe-Frietze Stunt Coordinator

Just got an e-mail from FYE saying my order has been canceled as the product is no longer available from their supplier. Good luck to whoever may have ordered it before me!

9. Jeff Meyers

10. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    [​IMG]
    No e-mail yet, but I'm sure I'll get one.

edit: I looked in my Inbox and saw that I got a shipment confirmation on Dec. 6, and on my order history on fye.com the order shows as "completed" - plus, my credit card was charged.

...weird

The USPS shipping confirmation # they gave me says the following:
    "Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 6, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

11. Joe-Frietze

Good luck streeter!

12. Jeff Meyers

I received the following email from fye.com this morning:

Wow, that really is a TOKEN of appreciation . . . a coupon code that's valid for about 36 hours. For some reason I don't feel all that appreciated. [​IMG]

13. Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman Second Unit

I got in too. I ordered the set right after the deal started, got a confirmation email the next day (12/6), and a shipping email the following day (12/7). I guess I just got lucky. [​IMG]

I already own several of the titles, but this was a no brainer for me.

A special thanks to the folks at dvdtalk for the heads up.

14. Joe-Frietze

Picked this up in store at St. Joseph, MO. last night (visiting relatives). Rebate certificate printed up too, so it's all good!