What's new

Disney+ Ultimate List of 4K Movies on Streaming (2 Viewers)

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Highlights of the Week - 4K Movie Releases on Netflix:

Forehead Nose Hair Chin Eyebrow

In terms of HDR presentation, the pick goes to 'Bionics' with excellent HDR brightness (both dark and bright highlights).

Full Netflix, Prime Video and Stan(AU) updates and details on the Homepage

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share that the 4K Movies Slim Stats page is now created! The fully customized panel view includes grouped columns, a visibility toggle, search builder & panes and the "Video stats" + "Audio stats" view. The page is optimized mainly for desktop but also responsive on mobile (both in regular and landscape modes).

Please check it out and let me know your thoughts!

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
A relevant week in terms of 4K titles available on the streaming platforms!

7-6-2024.png.b0b9f12ce134bddd2db5bdcbd1f28033.png

Some of them are:

"Hit Man" , "The Greatest Showman" (AU only), The Contractor (UK only) and "Under Paris" (Netflix)

"Mean Girls" and "Maidaan"(Prime Video).

P.S: Further details, including HDR analysis and Atmos scores, will be included over the weekend on the webpage.

Changelog (June 7, 2024):
  • The streamer logo is now included on all movie pages (similarly as we see on the homepage under the latest additions). Additionally, the film feel and HDR quality icons have been removed to make the pages aesthetically cleaner; however, these can still be seen in the appropriate sections under the movie details area.
4K Movies Slim Stats page:
  • The first two columns are now fixed so that no "child row (+)" is shown for the mobile version (regular screen mode).
To-Do List:
  • Finalize FPS info.
  • Adjust a minor issue with the 'HDR10' icon (unable to differentiate between a regular HDR10 or SDR title with the removal of the HDR quality icon).
  • Adjust and organize the TV/Sound pairing section to show fewer models for a clearer look.
  • Implement other minor enhancements.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
New Feature: 4K UHD Blu-Ray Disc Availability

I'd like to announce a new feature! We can now easily check the availability of 4K UHD Blu-Ray Discs for our favorite movies. This information is displayed in the "Additional Info" section of each movie's detail page.

How to Use:
  • Check any movie detail page.
  • Look for the new label "Available on 4K Blu-Ray Disc" in the Additional Info section.
  • If the information is still being captured (hopefully completed in the next 2-3 days), you'll see "Info Coming Soon"
Additionally, we can use the new filter option labeled "4K Blu-Ray Disc Available" to search for movies that are available on 4K UHD discs.

Note: The availability of 4K Blu-Ray titles has been checked for all countries, ensuring we have the most accurate information worldwide.

Check it out guys and please let me know what you think!

Cheers

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Announcement: Introducing the "Buy or Stream It" Page!
Changelog - [June 12, 2024]: Beta Version 0.8

Hey everyone,
I'd like to announce the new "Buy or Stream It" (experimental) page.
This dedicated page is designed to help us make informed decisions about whether to buy (if available on 4K disc) or stream a movie. Here’s what we can expect:
  • Light Snapshot Comparisons: Get performance analyses, including HDR and audio quality comparisons between streaming and physical media.
  • Tech Specs: In-depth technical specifications, including native 4K status, HDR formats, and audio details.
  • Sample: Check it out here .

Cheers

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
I forgot to mention that the new page will be accessible by the following button, right after the 4K Disc availability info, in case of a 'Yes' : [I just realised that a minor tweak on the alignment is needed, though😊]

Font Electric blue Darkness Multimedia Screenshot

Otherwise, no button is shown.

Font Electric blue Display device Darkness Multimedia

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Changelog (June 20, 2024)
  • Native Frame Rate updates are complete.
  • Any missing HDR metadata has been captured.
  • 4K UHD Disc Availability is finalized for every 4K title on streaming (subscription).
  • All remaining Atmos Scores have now been entered.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Weekly Additions!

All further details, including other released titles such as 'Oppenheimer' on Prime Video (US), have been added to the Latest Additions or All Streamers Page.

P.S
.: I have been very disappointed to see Netflix advertising the great movie 'Lone Survivor' in the UK region with Dolby Vision and Atmos, but this playback support is inaccurate! The film is actually in 4K SDR with 5.1 multi-channel audio only. EAC-3 with or without JOC is not present, which is a shame.

TitleYearGenresStorylineRegionsService
Mysteries of the Terracotta Warriors2024DocumentaryThousands of terracotta warriors guarded the first Chinese emperor's tomb. This is their story, told through archeological evidence and reenactments.Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesNetflix
Lone Survivor2013Action, Biography, Drama, WarFour Navy SEALs on a covert mission to neutralize a high-level Taliban operative must make an impossible moral decision in the mountains of Afghanistan that leads them into an enemy ambush. As they confront unthinkable odds, the SEALs must find reserves of strength and resilience to fight to the finish.United KingdomNetflix
Land of Bad2024Action, ThrillerWhen a Delta Force special ops mission goes terribly wrong, Air Force drone pilot Reaper has 48 hours to remedy what has devolved into a wild rescue operation. With no weapons and no communication other than the drone above, the ground mission suddenly becomes a full-scale battle when the team is discovered by the enemy.CanadaNetflix
Federer: Twelve Final Days2024DocumentaryOriginally a home video never intended for public viewing, this film captures the final chapter in Roger Federer's legendary tennis career, featuring Roger, his family, and his three main rivals: Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and Andy Murray.Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesAmazon Prime Video

Last edited:

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Here we go, guys... Non-stop fun to wrap up the weekend:

Changelog (June 23, 2024)
  • Beta v0.3 of the 4K Blu-Ray Stats page is now live.
    • New 'Stream or Disc' / 'Streamer (Compared)' Filters and 'Disc vs. Stream' View:
Rectangle Font Brand Parallel Electric blue

Rectangle Font Window Paper product Brand

Rectangle Font Handwriting Number Brand

• The 'Stream or Buy' page has been updated with additional comparisons. Also, the disclaimer note has been modified to include the region tested for the disc version. The criteria for recommending the 'BUY IT' option are quite selective, as my current preference leans towards streaming, except when a disc meets my personal must-buy criteria. I can adjust these criteria later on for more flexibility, of course. 😊

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
4K Releases of the Week

Hi Everyone,

Here are just a few of the highlights. Make sure to check out all the latest releases and updates on the 'Latest Additions' section.

A Family Affair
  • Genre: Comedy, Drama
  • Platform: Netflix
  • Synopsis: A heartwarming story about a quirky family navigating life's ups and downs with love and humor.
  • Notable Cast: Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron
I Am Celine Dion
  • Genre: Documentary, Biography
  • Platform: Prime Video
  • Synopsis: Dive deep into the life and career of the legendary singer Celine Dion, exploring her incredible journey and timeless music.
  • Highlights: Exclusive interviews, unseen footage
Trigger Warning
  • Genre: Action, Thriller
  • Platform: Netflix
  • Synopsis: Follow the intense story of a woman seeking justice in a world where danger lurks around every corner.
  • Notable Cast: Jessica Alba

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
It's been a busy week, but I wanted to share some updates:

1) I've switched hosting plans and the server is now located in the UK (I thought a balance to be in the middle of the US and AU). Hopefully, this will maintain or even improve performance with more virtualization of resources.

2) The Paramount+ page has been created similarly to the other streamers' pages. Check it out and let me know what you think! :)

Cheers

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
4K Releases of the Week (Jul 5, 2024)

Guys,

So many 4K titles this week! :D

I won't suggest or highlight anything this week because I'm pretty sure there's an option for your movie night! Please do yourself a favor and check out the Latest Additions!

Happy watching!

matty57c5

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
What an absolutely awesome thread and website. Thank you so much for your contributions. New follower here for sure.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
By the way...

WEEKLY 4K RELEASES HAVE BEEN ADDED

Not too many releases this week, but the ones we've had come with high HDR brightness values, please check them out!

I'll be picking VANISHED INTO THE NIGHT (Netflix, Dolby Vision, filmed with the great Sony CineAlta Venice camera, source format is 6K so I might assume DI is 4K!, Excellent HDR Range, but no Atmos) for the movie night. And you?

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Guys,

I'll be updating the 'Latest Additions' section twice a week from now on (Tuesdays and Fridays). By the way, the newest additions have already been added!

My pick for tonight is SAS: Red Notice (known in Australia as SAS: Rise of the Black Swan), a 2021 British Action/Thriller film, based on the novel of the same name.
It's streaming on Netflix (AU/CA/US) with Dolby Vision + Atmos, 24fps and an excellent HDR Range.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
By the way, guys. . .

. . . 4K release on Prime Video (US), HDR10+ w/ DD 5.1. HDR Peak Brightness is 404 nits, while the Average Brightness is a discrete 277 nits. More info coming soon!

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
The last post gave me an idea and I'd like to introduce now the v0.85 with the latest addition (experimental):
  • I’ve added a scrolling text ticker right above the 'Latest Additions' section of the homepage to showcase the freshest 4K titles available for streaming. This new feature is all about delivering the most up-to-date releases straight to all of us. This is not just some news ticker. I’ll provide detailed information about each new release, including the type of 4K playback support, HDR format and metadata brightness values, audio formats and more shortly after the titles are announced.
Font Asphalt Rectangle Electric blue Technology

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanestoot
Recent bookmarks