What's new

Ultimate high end system (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
I actually like the thought...

Torch the bose with the krell. Take video and audio of the melt down.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
I used to have a Bose Lifestyles setup in my HT and it rocked. But then I came across a good deal on 6 Sony CD boomboxes, I opened them up and connected their speakers to my receiver and now I use them in my HT and they blow the Bose away. Plus it looks cool to have dual boombox speakers all around my room. :)

Oh, and for bass I just hit a drum that I keep next to my couch everytime I think there should be some bass in a movie (explosions, dinosaurs walking, farts, etc.) Man I love my HT now!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member

Then put a smiley in your first post so we aren't waisting time resonding. About once a week someone does post question about Bose that are serious so we do have to reponsd to try and set the record straight. Its a repetative task given how frequently it happens so we really don't need people posting "jokes" like this one.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well I thought it was a funny joke. I mean hooking up Bose speakers to a Krell amp, that's like putting Pirelli tires on a Yugo or Geo Metro for speed and handling:D.

MichaelOD

Stunt Coordinator
hold on a sec...
a joke is a joke - fine. but you guys have to see what andrew is trying to say. there are a lot of people who don't know any better [about bose], and really need advice regarding the best use of their money for their speaker purchases. making jokes like this is like the boy who cried wolf - its dentrimental to the people who have "REAL" questions regarding their speaker equipment...

i'm not trying to continue a flame thread, but it bears mentioning.
thanks!

Well, I've made the mistake once. I've bought in 1998 (a bit before the France Soccer Cup) a Lifestyle 12 (the original one, right now it's dead and I don't undestand why an stereo can work only for 5 years with very low usage).

When I listened my first HK (coupled with Jamo speakers, a couple of yeras ago -finally you can get one here in an standard retail store, not a hi-fi store-) I understand the difference you're talking about in quality. Even better, even cheaper....

I still can't believe what's the real reason to couple a Bose system with a Krell amplifier.... poor little cubes...

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I figure after 1 hour of use, those bose cubes will become balls of melted plastic clumped together. Hopefully you'll smell the burning plastic first to save them, but you know what, that would be a pretty sight as long as the Krell amp is not harmed.;)

Troy Clawson

Auditioning
I need some help with a Jamo sw600 sub that I just purchased, I have no idea how to hook it up. The manual is of no help and I really want to see this baby work, can anyone help?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I agree: Let's be careful with these "jokes."

Check out the latest issue of Sound & Vision. In the New Products section up front is information about yet another Bose "Acoustimass" or "Lifestyle"-type of HTiB system. It features five cube-shaped satellite speakers with just one 2.5-inch driver each, and a "bass module" with, I think, two 5-inch drivers. There's a receiver/DVD player combo serving as the nerve center, and the thing generously accommodates DD and DTS 5.1.

Yours ... for only $1,999. That's right, two grand for cheap-looking little cubes with just a 2.5-inch driver.

And Bose will sell a ton of 'em.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
They will and they also understand the market they're targeting. Sounds to me like some other enterprising company ought to give serious thought to going small.

WayneEA

Grip
Bose- No high, No Lows, Just Blose, IMO People just want a quick fix, they need to look around in regards to quality and sound.

Benihana

Stunt Coordinator
you still gotta give credit to bose, cuz they sell like no other, shiet, if i made a $1000 car and sold it for more than a ferrari, i wouldn't care what anybody says about them in a forum, i'll just keep doin it and doin it lol. one of my friend demoed his bose system for me, the left sat. blew lol with a 50 watt receiver.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I had a conversation with a dear friend over the weekend and it was amazing how he has been swayed by the Bose hype. He is planning on getting the highest end Bose system to complement the new remodel of his home. Try as I might to dissuade him, he kept insisting that Bose is the best there is, period. Typical ignorance to the truth. Like it or not, advertising dollars and percieved brand quality fuel the "Bose is the best" argument. Ask the typical consumer, those on these forums being the exception, and most all will tell you that Bose is the premeir brand. That has been my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks