What's new

Ultimate high end system (1 Viewer)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about buying a Bose system, because they are the best speakers in the world.

I've been recommended the Bose lifestyle 35 high-end system with the Krell Theater Amplifier Standard amp, 400W per channel, as the Bose expert said they require a high end ampflier due to the high end sound.

Any help appr.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Are both brands sold by the same store?

Also, since Bose doesn't publish the specs, how does one know that the Krell amp won't cook 'em?? :roll; :roll;

Yogi

Screenwriter
Bose being the best speakers in the world can take any amounts of power. If they can survive the non-linear square waves from the Bose amp modules they surely can survive the linear sinusoidal waveforms from the Krell amps. I would suggest the Mark Levinson #33 (not the half powered 'H' version) monoblocks for those cute little cubes for an even better sound. Just make sure you buy from an authorized dealer cos you dont want to be sending those 400+ lbs amps for service in case of lemons. Plus those Bose cubes might look cute atop the ML#33s. The best speakers only deserve the best amps. Go for it pal:)

My 2 cents.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
How does a person that's being a member since April of last year not know the truth about Bose...or is this a troll post looking to get people upset?

If you honestly do believe Bose is the best please read this website. Simply put Bose speakers are over priced and under engineered despite what any salesman will tell you...they're also some of the high commision speakers around;)

*edit*
Having looked at some of your recent posts you seem to know enough about audio video equipment that your comments about Bose truly baffle me...esp when you say this little gem

And the fact you own a SVS subwoofer means you're smart enough to do a little research before buying "Brand X". Please audition other brands before buying bose speakers...if you still think bose is the best then by all means buy what you like but I honestly doubt it will be bose if you listen to anything else.

Lev-S

Second Unit
I think he is yanking our chains...

Bose is not a well made or even remotely good sounding speaker. Everyone knows this.

Lev-S

Second Unit
If anybody is looking for a good "Matrix" mp3, there is an unreleased track used in "Reloaded" called Komit by Juno Reactor. Good stuff. Better than Bose, anyway.:emoji_thumbsup:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I figured that John was just yanking chains here and being a troll. After seeing this thread earlier, I realized the other posts that John had created where he was the proud owner of an SVS sub. Granted, if someone knows enough to get a *better* sub, they should also know enough not to purchase some Bose gear. :)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You know, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself if you get really bored, other than starting trolling bose threads.;)

That being said, I really think MBL amplifiers would match the Bose better. I don't know if Krell is up to the task...

:D

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
It's funny...my parents have a bose setup and they swear by it...but when they came over and "played" with my H/K & Infinity setup,they were floored...especially when I had told them its was about $1500 LESS than their "Bose Lifestyle"...But they like their 6 little cubes...
...What can I do...;)
...At least they are into HT....

V JACKSON

Agent
I hardly think Bose speakers can be called the best speakers in the world, unless your hearing impaired of course!!!!:)

EdNichols

Second Unit
Sure Bose speakers are the best in the world. if you don't believe it just ask one of those commissioned Bose salespeople!!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't take long to get a reaction from a Bose posting. We should always use this symbol when posting about Bose: ;)

Scott_N

Second Unit
Doesn't the Bose and Lamm room win best of show all the time? or was that Kharma and Lamm? I always get them confused! :D

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member

So you're admitting to trolling? :angry: Thanks for waisting our time and you won't see me browsing any future thread you start:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks