What's new

Ultimate Electronics (1 Viewer)

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
FYI,
Earlier this week Ultimate Electronics announced that all of their Texas stores will be closed. UE is in the midst of reorganizing after filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

UE was our preferred retail electronics store and will certainly be missed.

LP

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have a "friend" whom works at the Tulsa one and he said that the one here is safe(seemingly) as they are one of the highest grossing stores around. He worked in Dallas and didn't like the environment down there(I'm guessing its more competitive with Tweeter, BB, HomeTheaterStore etc down there).

Shane K

Agent
Ultimate plans on closing down close to half of their 65 or so stores. Chapter 11 definately did a number on them.

Kinger

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Are you aware of any they intend to close in Minnesota, Shane? Most of the Ultimate stores I've been to seem to do well here.

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
Ultimate Electronics is the poster child for over aggressive growth. While their mass move into the Dallas/Ft. Worth region was a welcome alternative sadly many of these new stores were consistent money losers.

On the positive side, in my opinion, UE set the standard for personable and knowledgeable customer service within the mass retail electronics market. CC and BB would do well to implement such higher grade customer service.

LP

Scott_N

Second Unit
Customer service is why I go to two small stores here in Kansas City instead of mass retail. I deal with the same guy at each store and they both know my name, what I like, have better product knowledge than any mass retail salesman i've met, give me anywhere from 12% to 24% off retail, and let me home demo products before buying. I've been to UE here in KC and while they are better than BB or CC they still aren't better than a small shop IMO. I've also bought alot of demo equipment from these stores and saved upwards of 50% off retail and you still get a warranty.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The stores here in the Kansas City area will be closing. I just bought a Mits RPTV from them. Guess I will need to call them and see what is what with any warranty issues.

Scott_N

Second Unit
Parker

You don't have to worry about Independence Audio or Primus Audio Pleasure closing anytime soon!:D

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The one in Des Moines is closing.

I am in need of a subwoofer, but it is a low priority right now.

If UE lets some stock go at clearance prices, it may be hard to resist.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

Yep, I know. I bought my Def Tech's at Independence Audio. I am just concerned about the warranty on my new Mits. I got their extended warranty and I need to find out what I am going to when something goes wrong with the set.

Scott_N

Second Unit
Parker

Ind Audio gave me a great deal on my JVC DILA and everything i've bought there that's why they get my HT business. Same thing at Primus for 2-channel. Since they aren't going to be closing all their stores your warranty should be valid but it might be a hassle if it needs service. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks