What's new

"Ultimate Dallas" Site Reports That The First "Dallas" DVD Set Is Due In Sept. 2 (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
WB would be out of their minds to NOT release at least Season 3 (1979-1980) and Season 4 (1980-1981) of "Dallas" on DVD, due to the no-doubt highly-anticipated (by all Dallas fans on the planet) "Who Shot J.R.?" plotline episodes, which overlap into both of those campaigns.

There's no way we won't see those next two seasons on DVD (IMO). (As if "IMO" means much here, without knowing what's going on @ WB -- but that's my gut feeling. They'd be throwing God knows how many greenbacks down the toilet by not releasing on DVD the biggest TV event in the history of television [to that point in 1980 at any rate].)

If Warner Bros. were to include on the S.3 and S.4 packaging a sticker (on the outside of the shrink-wrap, for buyers who are unaware of just what season is what) indicating that S.3 "contains the most-watched cliffhanger in TV history: J.R. IS SHOT!", and a similar removable sticker on the S.4 box stating "contains the 'Who Shot J.R.?' resolution episode" -- that would advance sales even more, IMO.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that would advance DVD sales...

And each season they could promote what happened in the cliff hanger... let's say... like "Ewing Inferno: who will survive?"

John KB

Second Unit
Even though I complained about pic quality, I really don't care, I'm enjoying this set so much. I forgot how much I loved this show!!
I'm just having a blast!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

[rant]That's why Production Companies should not cancel tv shows that are being released on DVD.[/rant]

Okay, I put in my 2-cents.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that the episode "Double Wedding" runs a full one minute shorter than the rest of the shows. Could it have been edited for dvd?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks