1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ultimate cd search engine

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stefan A, May 30, 2002.

1. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I am looking for someplace where I can find out if a certain cd is available. I have checked the usual places that carries large stocks (amazon, tower, ect) but possibly what I want is too rare for them to carry it. I would just like to find out if something exists.

The recording in question is Carlo Maria Giulini conducting the Chicago Symphony with Berlioz's Romeo and Juliet (complete) I know the recording is made - the question is, is it available on CD.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

www.gemm.com is worth trying - it's a 'clearing house' of lots of smaller independent retailers around the world.

3. mike_decock

mike_decock Supporting Actor

Try digging through http://www.allmusic.com . They're not a storefront but you can get very detailed information on all albums by all artists (classical too), release dates/formats, etc.
    -Mike...

4. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

Thanks Mike,

Someone at another forum suggested that and it helped me. A good web site. An advanced search feature would make it perfect.

Stefan

5. Pete Gia

Pete Gia Stunt Coordinator