What's new

Ultimate 3-d titles work with VR Surfer glasses? (1 Viewer)

MikeDE

Second Unit
I'd like to see one of the Imax 3-d titles, but don't want to spring for the whole set with shutter glasses. Will my VR Surfer glasses work all right with them? If so, can you recommend which title is the most fun to watch? Thanks!
Mike

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I've watched all 4 of these with the LCD shutter glasses that came with the old Sega Master System, plugged into the "Stereodriver" from 3-D TV Corporation, which I got 10 years ago to watch a handful of 3-D movies they had put out on VHS.

"Alien Adventure" is probably the best for 3-D gimmicks. "Ultimate G's" is the only one that's all live-action (no computer animation) but the disc has the left and right images reversed so you may have to turn your glasses around for this one- the equipment made for these DVDs supposedly has a switch to correct that problem.

GregK

Screenwriter
In theory, the Vrex 3-D glasses should work just

fine with the 3-D DVDs, but in practice, at least in

my house, they do not. It could be something unique

about my Sony DVD player's output, but the Vrex's

sync light stays "red" throughout all four 3-D DVDs. If I

use a special box to restore the sync, the glasses work

fine. At first I thought it might be DVD copy protection

messing the Vrex transmitter, as the Vrex units were made

before DVD was introduced, but even home brewed 3-D DVD-R

discs keep the sync light in the "red", vs being in the

active "green" (good sync) mode. If you have a sync booster,

you could always give it a shot, or buy the complete box

set which comes with newer light weight wired 3-D glasses.

Charles Dodge

Auditioning
This sounds very cool, I have not heard about these Imax 3D DVDs before. Has anyone bought and used the whole set including the glasses.

Was the 3-D effect impressive?

If so will they work on a line doubled set or do you have to use them only with a 480i set?

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
On occasion I will pull out the old Coke 3-D glasses from a super bowl MANY years ago!!! Actually, NBC revived them a coupla years for a 3rd Rock episode during sweeps. They work really well, but only if there is a fair bit of motion in the image. And the images don't come TO you..but the screen has depth.

A side effect after using them for a while, you can percieve depth without them in certain kinds of scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks