What's new

Ulead's DVD Workshop users? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have 25 clips in 25 files. I want to import them to be on ONE title, with 25 chapter stops. Is there any way in Ulead to do this without using an external program to join the 25 clips into one and then manually denote the chapter stops?

-V

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, there is.. though it's actually a lot easier to do this same thing with NeroVisions2.. which will do it automatically.

I think the guide to do this in DVD Workshop is at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

Here's the trick:

In DVD Workshop, all the files need to be same format across the board, and then compliant -first- and then just input them as seperate media and place no transitions between(or blank transitions).

In NeroVisions2, just load all the files in the order you want them, chapter stops and consistent play is automatic.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

I have all the clips "loaded"- all the same format. When I go to drop them, it creates a new title. If I click the "add as chapter" button (not sure the specific name, but can look later)-- it gives an error. It will let me drag each item as a title, and create chapter breaks within that item- but nothing else.

-Vince

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Vince, have you tried asking this on Ulead's web board?

http://news.ulead.com:8080/%7Ewebutilities

I've posted some questions there before and it normally doesn't take too long to get an answer. Sometimes I've had an answer in less than 30 minutes. I'm fairly certain that they're tech support people actively search the boards. They might even have a solution for the error that you're getting.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Have you loaded all of the newest patches for DVD Workshop? I tried to simulate this this morning, but was able to create chapters.. maybe this was addressed in a patch for the software somewhere along the way.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
OK, here's what I've got:
Ulead DVD Workshop 1.2

Import the clips into the project (Video General in left box, right clip, choose import).

On the TITLE LIST below the preview window are the containers:
FIRST PLAY
NEW TITLE

I drop my first clip on the NEW TITLE container to create a new title. The title loads into the TITLE LIST, no problem.

The clip appears in the preview window above, and the TITLE LIST box adds the clip where I dropped it. To the right of the first clip appears a new container labeled NEW TITLE prompting me to "DROP VIDEO OR IMAGE CLIP HERE"

I want to add additional clips, but have them all appear on the same title, as chapters. So I attempt to drag and drop the next clip into the TITLE LIST, and drop it onto of my first clip... The program does not allow me to do that (the icon changes to the circle witha slash and the area lights up green).

So one the left, above the media library box, I see an icon labelled "INSERT SCENE AS CHAPTER" which sound like exactly what I want to do. So i click on the scene in the media library, and click INSERT SCENE AS CHAPTER, and it says:
"This clip doesnt have scenes or those scenes have already been inserted"

So I tried dropping the clip from the media library onto the CHAPTER LIST strip on the far right, agian no luck.

I tried grabbing multiple clips at once from the MEDIA LIBRARY and dropping them onto a single title container in the TITLE LIST, it just adds them as multiple titles.

I am able to scroll around in the first title, and clip it up into chapters, but no matter what I try, it won't let me drop a new clip into the existing title, without creating a second title...

Ugh.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
DVD Workshop is up to v1.3. The update is available on Ulead's web site. It doesn't seem to address directly the problem that you're having, but you never know...

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Upgraded to 1.3, identical problems. Tried posting on board above, no luck... only reply i got was:

I bought this program due to suggestion on this forum as to it's power and ease of use- but it seemingly can't do even basic functions. Anyone else have another Suite I can blow a couple hundred bucks on?

-V

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Vince, don't cut off your hand to spite your thumb.

Why not just use something else like Media Studio Pro or Premiere to edit the pieces together? DVD Workshop is still a great DVD authoring tool. It's just being a pain in this particular area. At least if you have another program to generate the file, you have greater control over the bit rate and so forth. Then just use DVDWS to make the disc. Don't just get rid of the whole thing that you apparently paid for just because one area is flawed.

If I get the chance, I'll play around with DVDWS today to see if there's anything that I can dredge up for you.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Vince

What kind of files are you working with? Are they already de-muxed? You can always use Virtual Dub to join AVI files, then use CCE or TMPGEnc to re-encode, and then re-author with DVD Workshop.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

I am using Mpg2 files exported from Premiere, Vegas and TMPGenc-- and I know there are apps (including TMPGenc) that I could use- was just hoping for more of a drag and drop and done utility. If I have to use an external program to join them, then DVDW really offers no other features I need currently, and I can create the exact same discs for free in another program that I can make with this software.

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks