UK Zelda Release Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_D, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

Does anyone know whether the UK release of the Cube's Zelda game will have the same preorder bonus disc that was available in Japan and the US, and if so, through which retailers is it available. I've got Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask N64 carts, but I'd love to have at least one with a nice crisp graphical upgrade.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

2. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

Nintendo hasn't even announced a release date for Europe/UK AFAIK. The cynic in me speculates they'll hold it off until Christmas 2003 (given NoE's release schedule it's not unlikely). Anyway to answer your main question I have no idea and I don't think anybody can say for certain at this point but I'd love to be proven wrong.

3. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

Okay, here's your answer, straight from the official French Nintendo magazine:
    http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-game...ws&newsid=1235
    The site is in German (with a little snippet in French) but what is says is that the bonus disc will not be bundled with the European release but may be available separately at some point. So in other words you're being screwed by Nintendo once again. Frankly I'm convinced they've just given up on the European market altogether.......

4. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

[​IMG]
    Thanks for finding that out, though I can't say I'm pleased with your discovery. Very disapoointing.

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Paul, isn't there a disc to let you run imports on the PAL console? I'm going to have to have a friend in the US pre-order Zelda for me so I can have the bonus disc (you hear me Jehan? [​IMG] ) for my modded Japanese console.
    Dan

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

If it came out I'd arrange to get a US preorder in a heart-beat. But I don't want to get the US release and then find this supposed disc won't be coming out. So long as this bonus disc will be available here at some point, I'm prepared to pay a moderate fee. Only moderate mind. [​IMG]