What's new

UK Saturn owners - spare pad anyone? (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Well, the retro shops I know of are all out of stock, so I thought I'd try the goodwill of my fellow forum members.

I bought a Sega Saturn (finally!) at a Car Boot sale this weekend, and a lovely thing it is too; getting over the step down in graphics from GT3 to Sega Rally took, ooh, 30 seconds before I got lost in the beautiful gameplay. Unfortunately, that and Daytona are the only two games I can play on it at the moment - although the machine had a steering wheel, the guy had lost his joypads.

So, would any kind soul have a spare one to flog me, or any way of using something else (i.e. a converter plug to another type)? I know its a long shot, but it might just work...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any spare (and I'm in the US), but I'll ask around for you. Someone over there I know is bound to have one for cheap :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks Brian. I've got a nice copy (well, two actually) of Virtua Fighter 2 sitting by it, that can't really be played with a steering wheel.

StevenK

Second Unit
I've got a spare one...but I'm in the US. I also have 3 or 4 games that you can have. I don't remember what they are...other than Daytona and Pebble Beach golf.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
StevenK, unfortunately US games won't work on a UK Saturn without modification or a import cartridge... If Iain doesn't want 'em, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for the cost of postage to Texas :)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thanks Brian - consider yourself emailed.

I've not chipped the machine, so its only capable of coping with PAL releases at the moment. Unless I suddenly stumble across a pile of Japanese shmup games for a reasonable price, I'll probably leave it as it is - most of the good 3D titles got a UK release, it would appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks