UK Saturn owners - spare pad anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Iain Lambert, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Well, the retro shops I know of are all out of stock, so I thought I'd try the goodwill of my fellow forum members.

I bought a Sega Saturn (finally!) at a Car Boot sale this weekend, and a lovely thing it is too; getting over the step down in graphics from GT3 to Sega Rally took, ooh, 30 seconds before I got lost in the beautiful gameplay. Unfortunately, that and Daytona are the only two games I can play on it at the moment - although the machine had a steering wheel, the guy had lost his joypads.

So, would any kind soul have a spare one to flog me, or any way of using something else (i.e. a converter plug to another type)? I know its a long shot, but it might just work...

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I don't have any spare (and I'm in the US), but I'll ask around for you. Someone over there I know is bound to have one for cheap [​IMG]

3. Iain Lambert

Thanks Brian. I've got a nice copy (well, two actually) of Virtua Fighter 2 sitting by it, that can't really be played with a steering wheel.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Iain, drop me an email or PM me.

5. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

I've got a spare one...but I'm in the US. I also have 3 or 4 games that you can have. I don't remember what they are...other than Daytona and Pebble Beach golf.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

StevenK, unfortunately US games won't work on a UK Saturn without modification or a import cartridge... If Iain doesn't want 'em, I'd be happy to take them off your hands for the cost of postage to Texas [​IMG]

7. Iain Lambert

Thanks Brian - consider yourself emailed.

I've not chipped the machine, so its only capable of coping with PAL releases at the moment. Unless I suddenly stumble across a pile of Japanese shmup games for a reasonable price, I'll probably leave it as it is - most of the good 3D titles got a UK release, it would appear.