What's new

UK receiver to use in USA? (1 Viewer)

DonnyN

Auditioning
Would it be wise to use a UK receiver in the USA? Or are the connectors different and is not wise to do so, or may not work?

TomRS4

Stunt Coordinator
The power is different in the U.S. than in Europe, but it's quite common for stereo equipment to be able to utilize either system by way of a switch on the back of the unit. You must be sure the switch is in the proper position, and the correct power chord is used.
A few of my components are Arcam, which is about as U.K. as you get.
------------------
Tempus Fugit

DonnyN

Auditioning
thanks! HmmMm... there's an onkyo receiver (forgot which model) that was silver in the UK & I was just wondering if I should go out of my way for this........
Most USA products are black, not until recently have they frayed from this ideology..........
anywho, thanks........
Are all the connectors on the back still compatible? (scart? etc.)

TomRS4

Stunt Coordinator
The only potential connection problem I'm aware of is with banana plugs for speaker wire. The new European standards don't allow the standard banana plugs because they're too much like power plugs. There are work-a-rounds, but I'm not familiar enough with them to really be of any help.
------------------
Tempus Fugit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks