What's new

UK members - price cuts ahoy once more (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
As of next Monday, Sony are reducing the PS2 to £169, they announced this morning. Microsoft have already retaliated with a cut to £159 for the XBox, and current rumour suggests Nintendo will announce something tomorrow. Now thats how you start an ECTS.

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
Actually, at current exchange rates, £159 is approximately $244 US. So we're still getting the better deal.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Indeed - I was about to say that the US already had its price cuts announced at E3.

Incidentally, Nintendo are now making noises to the effect that they won't be moving on price this morning after all, and fully expect to go into the Christmas period with the price at the same £129 it is now. Which means they are still the cheapest, so thats fair enough.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Dan, tell me you didn't miss the PC World 'any game for £25' deal last weekend? I didn't get a chance to post it, and now I'm kicking myself.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Sadly not, Dan. On the 'upside', I looked round the nearest one and failed to find a single title I wanted - I actually bought Frequency for the PS2 at £39.99 over in Game instead. If they had done it just after the XBox price cut, rather than just before, I'd probably have bought one, in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks