What's new

Uhm... my brain recieves radio waves! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, this has happened to me a number of times...

For some reason, im singing a song that pops into my head, then i go to my car, turn the key... BOOM, the song is on the radio! :eek: COINCIDENCE! I THINK NOT... well maybe :D

Anybody experience this phenomena as well?

Sorry for this waste of valuable space, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Get some multicolored felt pens, so when you wear the aluminum foil on your head to block those waves you look trip.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
On second thought, maybe i CONTROL the radio!!! Why, with this power, i could... dare i say... RULE THE WORLD!!!

Oh man, i am incredibly bored out of my mind

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Or possibly the explanation is that you are always humming "Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake, and you turn on the radio to hear it . . .

because that damn song is on every 10 minutes

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Who said i was humming Justin Timberlake? Just coz im 17 means i listen to that? Huh is that it? :D Just playin...

I dont know the name, but it goes like
"I love you, i hate you i cant live without you... i just can't take anymore this life of solitude.... always, always, always..." i think it was called always...

Then the other time it was SEVEN NATION ARMY...

Kevin T

Screenwriter
that first turd of a song is by saliva and i hear it on a daily basis. christ, i need to get a cd player. it's like all the rock stations are owned by saliva, disturbed, and linkin park!!!

kevin t

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
This kind of thing is cool.

Here's something that happens to me very frequently....

I'll be walking along and suddenly see someone I know. But wait. On closer look, it's not them, it just looked like them.

Then maybe 2 or 3 minutes later, I'll round a corner or something...and there is the person I thought I saw a few minutes before.

Now this doesn't just happen with people I bump into frequently, but often with people I haven't seen in ages.

It's pretty nifty.

But it's coincicdence.

Coincidence is cool and fun, but I think we only notice it occasionally when the circumstances are right. As anyone who has read Robert Anton Wilson's work probably already knows, coincidences seem to happen more when we are thinking about them...at least on some level.

In other words, the more you mull over this phenomenon, the more frequently it will seem to occur.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
So I'm sitting here reading this thread, thinking about the countless times something like this has happened... and I switch back to my MSN window with Rain and

Rain: Hey, you don't mind if Nick So hangs out with us next time we do movie nite?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Nick, I have the same superpower. I will often start humming a tune, turn on the radio and hear the same song pick up on the same exact verse that I was on! Throw out the "that song is always on the radio" theory because it has happened to me plenty of times with songs that have been out of circulation for years.

My only question is how to harness this power for good instead of evil?:D

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I think that what is happening is that you are actually hearing that radio station being played somewhere nearby. I have had this happen where I am singing a song in my head and suddenly my friend will start whistling it out loud or singing it etc. Bizarre coinsidence? No...it was just that someone had a radio playing nearby that was barely audible.

I think that is what is happening. Or maybe you are just possessed. ;)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Scott: That's a valid explanation, and i've thought about this too.. im 99.99999% sure i was not hearing the song. I dont listen to radio at home, and my neighbors dont listen to modern music. DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks