What's new

UHF to be realeased on DVD this year? (1 Viewer)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

I heard not too long ago on the radio that the cult classic film UHF with Wierd Al is supposed to be out on DVD this year. Has anyone else heard this, and if so does anyone have a release date? I don't know about you but I could watch that film over and over again, something about Spatula City just get's me all giddy inside. Let me know if you have any info.
Peace
Eve

Eve T

Supporting Actor
YIPPY! I do hope that is true. I don't know about you but I think that wheel of fish thing is all sorts of hillarious.
Peace
EVE:D

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Good news. There's been talk of this for awhile, but last I heard, they weren't sure if it was going to be an SE or not. I'm sure they could do some great stuff with this.

I wonder if Michael Richards will be involved at all.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
From Wierd Al's very own website:

Because you DEMANDED it, MGM Home Video will be releasing Al's 1989 feature film "UHF" on DVD this summer. We're happy to announce that it will be an ultra-spiffy Collector's Edition - Al has been busy working on all the special features and bonus materials for the release. We'll give you more specific information as soon as we can.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It's funny because this rumor started making the rounds last August and has just surfaced again over at Digital Bits (via Al's site).

Seems pretty true. There certainly was a lot of pressure on the situation and Al is pretty open to his fans. I've heard many stories of people requesting it from him at concerts, signings, etc.

Sounds like a nice disc if Al is getting to put together a bunch of extras.

His concert DVD had some nice extra bits on it that are fun, like those mock versions of 50's information films for kids.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Excellent! :)
UHF was filmed in my home town!
Trivia: My brother's karate instructor was one of the guys who jumped out of the closet and yelled "Supplies!" (with rakes, etc., in hand...)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Yeah! This is great great news. I've been itching to see Conan the Librarian again.:) I'm glad that Al seems to be pretty involved in the features on the disc, it should turn out great.
-Jason

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Weird Al has been said to be a serious DVD fan. One of his recent TV specials (I think Behind The Music) shows his home theater in the background....with a dozen remotes on the coffee table!

I think he produced the concert DVD (There's two hidden music video commentaries), so UHF should be great!

I can't wait to ebay my EP speed VHS...good riddance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks