UHF hopefully next year!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Mazur, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Over at Theforce.net there is a interview with "Weird Al". When asked about UHF he says that he is in talks with MGM about a special edition for next year. I hope so, this is one funny movie.
    ------------------

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

This is good news. UHF is a "guilty-pleasure" for my family.
    In fact, the very first DVD we bought (the same day we bought our DVD player) is "Weird Al:The Videos". It was a Christmass gift for one of my daughters. (The Jurrasic Park pariody with the Claymation characters is almost too-funny).
    We also have "Weird Al:Live" the concert DVD. But I have heard that he could not perform/or not include songs from UHF due to license issues. Hopefully the UHF disk will complete our collection.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    The concert DVD actually didn't have the UHF clips to start off with. He took them out before his Running With Scissors tour and replaced them with AL-TV clips (like the extremely funny interviews from the last special.)
    The only "UHF" related thing in the recent concerts is "The Beverly Hillbillies song" which had to be edited out because it flowed in to 2 of Weird Al's "unrecorded" songs. The 3 songs are right before "Pretty Fly For A Rabbi" on the DVD. This explains the transition.
    ------------------
    P.S.: There's no P.S.

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I could be misremembering, Patrick, but I believe the some of the earlier Touring With Scissors shows still made use of the UHF clips. I'm positive they were there in Myrtle Beach in July '99. The interview segments have been part of his tours for years and years...at least as far back as when he opened for the Monkees in '87, and I've been to at least two shows where there were both clips from UHF as well as those mock interviews.
    I wouldn't say that "Theme From The Beverly Hillbillies" is the only "UHF" related thing, since the shows kick off with "Fun House" before Al comes out on stage...
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, the UHF clips were pulled in the middle of Touring With Scissors
    I could swear that "UHF" is on the concert disc, I'll have to look.
    Al owns the MUSIC, but MGM owns the FOOTAGE with the exception of the Beverly Hillbillies video
    Jeff Kleist

6. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor

Bill Buklis
    The songs from UHF are not the problem. I'm pretty sure he could include them on the DVD if he did them in concert. The video clips, however, are a no no. He wouldn't be able to include AlTV clips either. But, at least he can show those in concert.
    There is so much more at the live show than was on the DVD. If you haven't seen him live, then you must! Hopefully, he'll begin touring again next year with a new album.
    ------------------

7. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

Touring With Scissors came to my town 2 years in a row. The first year (July '99) there was UHF clips. The second year (August '00) all of the clips were taken out. He replaced them with The Weird Al Show clips instead. I believe there's info as to why over at his website.
    ------------------
    Matt
    Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.

8. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

It's in one of the Ask Al's -- MGM issued a cease-and-desist since they own the rights to the video segments. I think it was early 2000 before the UHF clips were removed...two of the three shows I saw during Touring With Scissors had 'em.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site