What's new

Uh Oh...UPS and my SVS (1 Viewer)

Lee M T

Second Unit
My sub left Girard, OH at 9:00 p.m. Mar 1. It arrived in Middleburg Hights, OH at 10:54 p.m. Mar 1. And now, nothing. It supposedly hasn't done a thing since then. Should I be concerned or are these fools forgetting to scan it in and out?

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Don't worry yet, most packages I have gotten through UPS it may take a few days for it to update the status since its in transit, or waiting to be moved. Especially if you shipped it via standard ground shipping. When I ordered my HTM MX500 remote it sat there for 5 days as being scanned for departure. Did the same thing for some computer parts I ordered.
Here is how long it took.

Feb 26, 2004 12:45 P.M. BALTIMORE, MD, US DELIVERY
Feb 26 8:50 A.M. BALTIMORE, MD, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
Feb26 12:36 A.M. BALTIMORE, MD, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Feb 25, 2004 10:24 P.M. HORSHAM, PA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Feb 25 2:08 A.M. HORSHAM, PA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Feb 20, 2004 2:52 A.M. PHOENIX, AZ, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Feb 19, 2004 7:20 P.M. PHOENIX, AZ, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:06 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Lee M T,

Great to see another person in the cleveland area with an SVS sub what sub did you buy?? I am from old brooklyn and have not talked to anyone local about SVS subs!!

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I spent a summer working at UPS a couple of years ago and I must also say, do not worry. At the end of a shift, or after a belt jam is cleared, packages were loaded as fast as possible without any regard as to if they were scanned. I have also heard horror stories about lost packages in distribution hubs but those are only little envelope sized packages that slipped under the diverters on the conveyor belts. Your sub would be not even be placed on a belt but instead be placed on a car in a "mini-train" (think of those things you see at airports used to get your luggage from the terminal to the plane) and delivered directly to the outbound dock.

OT, but a guy once paid 230 dollars to send a certified check to close on a house via UPS's sonic air same day service. Well, it went under the diverter and fell into the catch at the end of the belt. It was not found for a whole week.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I recently had a large UPS shipment that I tried to track and it hit a place back east and that was the last scan. Two days later it was on my door step with nothing else. Sure gets your ire up though wanting to know how close it is....

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe I missed that! that stinks!!! Maybe next time :frowning: .I will check out the whole thread later today! Mike Wladyka did you go? How was it? My cousin lives in Strongsville and I grew up in Parma and lived in Parma Hts for about 3 years!!

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
yeah i went to it, it was fun, as always..we had one a couple months before that too, which was also fun...just be sure to post into that thread for further conversing about upcoming meets and/or movie/videogame nights...i grew up in parma also, went to Normandy High

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I went to Parma High class of 85. What sub do you own? I have the 25-31PC+ I bought it from a real nice guy from the Home theater Spot forum.He lives in PA.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
i don't have a sub yet:frowning: , i live in an apartment. i am going to get within the next couple months, most likely 20-39 pci or a 16-46pci

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Well as I am sure you know you will be in Bass heaven when you get it!!!How many guys showed up at the meeting? And what games did you guys play?

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
there was four at the last meeting, and five at the previous meeting...our group is small, but it seems to be growing. we played some unreal championship on xbox live, along with halo (of course)...

Lee M T

Second Unit
Thanks guys,

My main worry was that the last scan was an arrival scan and still, at this point in time, there is not another departure scan. It still says March 1st 10:54 p.m. in Middleburg Heights, OH.

Chris Grillo, I live in Houston, Texas. La Porte to be more exact. I ordered a 25-31PCi though, tuned to 22Hz. My room will implode upon first play, 10' x 11' x 9'. :)

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
I would be real interested in hearing someone elses SVS. I have been having some problems trying to figure out how to calibrate mine. I tried internal test tones and the sub was real week. I tried a ultra dvd that came from best buy and I think that is more like it but I wan't to check out someone other mine! Anyone in the cleveland area have avia that I could check out!:D

Chris Grillo

Stunt Coordinator
Lee M T

Sorry I thought you were local but thats ok!:D I did get some info from the post so all is well! Lee you will love your new sub I have a Boston VR500 before and this one blows it out of the water!!

Mike Reeter

Agent
The reason UPS tracking does not always show activity is,in most cases, pkgs. that are traveling across the country:Az.to Md. are loaded into trailers that are inturn loaded onto railcars and moved via the rail...These pkgs. are not scanned again until they are unloaded at the destination Hub,and then are showing "out for delivery" and then the final scan.

Michael__M

Stunt Coordinator
The truck probably dropped into a sand pit in Pasadena somewhere. Another possibility is the driver got lost in the smog over Deer Park trying to get to you. Take my advice and stop hitting that track button so often, you're gonna give yourself an ulcer. It will get there soon.

Lee M T

Second Unit
LoL Michael M. Still though, the package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and the thing still says 10:54 p.m. March 1st, which was an arival scan in OH. There's still not another scan. My dad ships stuff through UPS on just about a weekly basis, which are usually even longer trips, and there's at least one scan per day, usually more. Just a little odd. SVS says it should still be there tomorrow, but if not, to E-mail them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks