Uh Oh! Kenny G and Air Supply on Super Audio...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lee Scoggins, May 19, 2003.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
  2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I posted a pic of the Air Supply SACD on this thread. I am quite surprised by a lack of, both positive and negative, responses to the announcement. Also mentioned the upcoming SACD release of Peter Frampton's [Frampton Comes Alive] and Michael McDonald's [Motown].

[​IMG]

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

4. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

YES! Oh, wait, my wife isn't around! I meant, BOO! [​IMG]

5. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

These two releases should provide an effective "case study" on how not to sell Hybrid releases [​IMG]

I guess you can never call more releases in Hi-res a bad thing, but these two discs push the limit.

J

6. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

There are couple of good reasons why Air Supply and Kenny G are released on SACD over in HK. One is that the "format war" is almost a non-issue in HK; all of HK's major labels that release high-res titles (Sony, Warner Bros., Universal, and BMG) are doing it in SACD. Second is that these artists continue to sell a lot of albums in Asia. While we talk about various SACDs of Peter Gabriel, the Police, or Pink Floyd here, they generate relatively low interest for those in Asia.

If HK BMG continues to issue titles on SACD, perhaps Elvis 30 #1 Hits or Santana's Supernatural will show up on SACD. Just pray that Barry Manilow's Arista albums don't show up on SACD.