Uh-oh, I think my DVD player just died... (Panny DVD-CV51)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by george.Legeza, Jan 11, 2003.

1. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

Just like the title says. I have a Panasonic DVD-CV51 5-disc DVD changer. It's served me just find for about a year and a half, but I think it may have just died on me. It's been off for most of the week since I haven't been home much to watch movies. Anyway, I just opened up the tray so I could take out the DVDs that were still in it and everything seemed to be fine... until I put in a new DVD and attempted to play.

When I pressed the Disc 1 button the DVD player immediatly shut itself off. When I turned it back on the tray ejected itself automatically and it began rotating through the positions for disc 1 through 5, but each time it switched discs the tray would eject again. There wasn't any way I could stop it from cycling through disc to disc without unplugging the unit (and even then I had to make sure I did it while the tray was closed since I couldn't even get it to remain closed). I'm pretty sure my poor DVD player just bit the dust, but I figured I'd post anyway - any advice?

Oh yeah, and right now it's just locked itself in the ejected position and the display reads "6DISC NG". Strange...

2. Joseph Dubin

Joseph Dubin Auditioning

I know of three lines of Panasonic DVD players that broke down after a year - their second generation players (A110 and A310 models) and the RV-31 (after 13 months it stopped reading discs and displayed the code "HO2"). This wasn't just my bad luck - a forum in HTF on the RV-31 showed this was happening to a lot of people.

Judging from my experience with Panasonic DVD players you might be better off getting another changer from a different manufacturer.