What's new

Uh Oh! I think I broke it! (1 Viewer)

Nathan W

Agent
Hey guys, I took my Pioneer DV-525 DVD player to school today. I came home and was feeling unusually tired. So, I left the dvd player out in my vehicle while I came in and slept for three hours or so. Well, the temperature dropped drastically and became around 40 degrees while I was asleep. I went outside to get it and hook it back up. On picking it up, it felt no warmer than an ice cube
frown.gif
.. Now the dvd player is hooked back up and when I hit power it comes on for maybe 3 seconds and automatically turns itself back off (Not like the power turning off, just the video coming through the television.. In other words I get the blue screen momentarily)
frown.gif
.. I have no clue how this could be fixed and I'm hoping that maybe you all do!
Bring on any suggestions, I'll try anything reasonable..
Maybe it is just the dvd gods telling me that it's time for an upgrade!?!?!
(which really sucks when you're a 17 year old without a job)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Thanks in advance,
Nate
[Edited last by Nathan W on October 26, 2001 at 08:01 PM]

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Nate,
The drop in temp may have caused some condensation inside the player. Let it warm up to room temp overnight and try again, it probably has gone into a protection mode due to moisture inside.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Nathan W

Agent
OK, I hope that's the problem and it's not any worse than that.. I removed the case and I am letting it set.. Will let you know how it worked tomorrow morning..
Anyone with any other thoughts or suggestions, feel free to reply..
Thanks for the reply!
Nate

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
In fact i used to have a VCR (long time ago) that had a little snow flake icon on the display for that very same reason though i never saw it go on. of course i never left it outside either, hopefully thats all that is wrong.
Good Luck.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
That snowflake on your VCR was the "DEW" indicator. When you bring video tapes into your house from the cold outdoors in the winter, the VCR doesn't like the condensation on the tape itself. Hot air in the house cools on the cold tape and the moisture in the air condenses on the tape, just like "DEW". Our old Mitsubishi had a DEW light too. Kinda neat. Up here in the land of cold winters, it has happened to me at least 3 or 4 times with rental tapes.
[Edited last by Chris PC on October 27, 2001 at 09:08 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks