What's new

Uh oh - 'Audiophile' brand speakers... (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
...I was at work, and some guys in their mid-20's came in and wanted a subwoofer. Cool, no problem. We got to talking, and I asked what sort of speakers they had. Well, they told me they were some 'Audiophile' brand speakers they had gotten a good deal on. Inside, there was a Cold War air raid siren going off, but I just nodded and smiled, as I didn't have the heart to say anything.

Reguardless, the white vans are doing business.

fletcherS

Auditioning
In my eyes the white van audiofile/theater research people are not worse than kenwood or bose who purport the image that their totally crap speakers are worth something. I have those two brands lying around in my place and I'm not even using them because I want to puke everytime I play music with them on. Talk about scam!

Jimi C

Screenwriter
How is kenwood a scam? Ive never seen an advertisement for kenwood, nor have i been approached on the street by a guy with "extra" kenwood speakers. Maybe they are not the best speakers, but please do not compare kenwood to white van speakers or bose. Kenwoods speakers are no worse than most other htib speakers.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i have personally compared white van speakers to bose speakers. they blew away the bose, and quite frankly, didnt sound horrible (for what they are!). im gonna say this, and it might cause a stir, but they arent horrible speakers. they make sound, they go loud, and they arent all static and popping like most people think. they are actually reasonable, considering you can get them for a couple hundred for a pair. i would NEVER own them, but for some people (those who dont know better, or who dont care too much about audio), they are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks