What's new

Ugly Betty (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught Thursday's episode. Another winner in my book. I really liked how Betty's slowly falling into the fold with the other two more obnoxious assistants.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I died when Marc showed up looking like Betty (and forgot to take off the thick eyebrows after being told to ditch the outfit).

Betty's lunch date and her social awkwardness and her handling of the boyfriend are always good for some physical comedy and laughs.

I was surprised that Amanda let down her guard in front of Betty in the ladies room. Amanda's growing on me (Becki Newton is actually pretty good of portraying all forms of snarky, but not letting us forget she's still a human underneath it all). Justin as Gene Kelly was pitch-perfect, he does steal every scene he is in.

Will Daniel really curb his philandering ways after the pep talks with his mother and later his father? Will seeing the cost of such make him mends his nightly ambitions with the all-too-willing ladies?

Betty's dad's love for Halloween was funny, as were the reactions of his 2 daughters (giving us the idea they are so used to all the pranks growing up with him as their dad, thus more annoyed by the pranks in a collective sisterly way).

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of thick eyebrows, why are Betty's thick and her dad's aren't? He should share his tweezers. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Amanda is quickly turning into one of my favorite characters. She's obviously good looking and we've seen she can be sexy and feminine when she wants to be, but most of the time she just goes for it so much that she can't be trying to be still attractive. The breakdown was wonderful, and the universal nature of her situation allowed me to sympathize more than I would have with such a manipulative bitch of a character. She probably has the best chemistry with Betty of the Mode people.
Another great episode. One of the quietly most consistent new shows.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show doesn't feel like a new show, but one that's been around for a while, and it just moves briskly through the multiple storylines deftly.

They need more episodes with Salma in an elevator.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I liked this episode with Daniel being exposed to what it must have been like to belong to a warm and loving family around the holidays, not that antiseptic life he had in his experience growing up. Willamina and Marc slumming it had some good laughs thrown in.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I continue to like this show more and more each week. I'm glad that it is doing so well in the ratings. It is definitely a keeper. I've also liked Salma's stint so far. :D

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I like Salma's character but it is hard for me to buy her actually falling for Betty's boss. She is on to his ways from the start, yet she is willing to jump into bed with him the second time he even tries. Then she leaves her boyfriend for him, knowing what he is like.

Either I don't get her character at all, or as I have always suspected... I don't get woman at all.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Wow. It's hard to believe this thread just fell of the face of the earth.

I think the show is still going strong and gets big laughs out of me every episode. I also have to admit that I was a bit surprised at how things turned out in the last episode.

Anyone else still watching?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still watch it, but I do so on the weekends mainly because of the heavy lineup of shows on Thursday nights.

I felt pretty bad for what Sophia did to Daniel. That wasn't right.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
This is about my favourite show on TV right now. Latest episode particularly hilarious - especially the scene where Betty confronted the two lackeys.

As for Sophia - surely she's just another pawn of the woman in the mask (if not actually the woman in the mask).

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am still liking this show. I was suprised at the plot twist, but it makes sence. The show needs to have Betty working at Mode.

Phil_L

Second Unit
WOW, one heck of a twist tonight! Never would have guessed that Rebecca Romijn's character would be Daniel's brother post sex change!!!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I started watching the show late in the season. I like it so much I tape it because I am tivoing
Smallville and My Name is Earl/Office.
I think I read somewhere that this show is this seasons Desperate Housewives and it does kinda remind me of the quirkyness of the first season with Drama mixed in.
I am really loving the show.

Nice twist at the end but why is he against his Brother?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks