ugh another newbie sub q?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by shane_watson, Jul 18, 2002.

1. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

hey guys i just picked up a paradigm pdr 10 and i dont know alot about subs,my crossover goes from 50 to 150hz its set at 9 o clock now slighly past 50,is this where it needs to be,because it sound pretty tight now but is this optimal,btw im using a denon 1802 w minis up front cc370,micro rears and my sub is about 4 feet from my right frnt corner wall.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Make sure all your speakers are set to small on the receiver (this will cause the receiver's 80hz crossover to take effect). Then turn the crossover up to 150hz on the PDR10 to essentially disable it(you don't need two, having them overlap can cause problems).

Some claim that the PDR10 sounds better when the crossover is set to between 90hz and 100hz. I tried it and didn't agree.

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Hi Shane. The simplest way to make sure that your sub is crossed over properly is to turn the crossover knob all the way to the highest setting and set all of your speaker settings in your receiver speaker settings to small. That way the receiver crosses over all of your speakers and you don't have two crossovers in your signal path that may cause less then optimal bass performance.

Welcome to the forum.

4. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

You're fast Dustin. [​IMG]

5. David Berry

David Berry Stunt Coordinator

Shane,

I would agree with the above posts. I have a Denon 3802 and a Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer.

David