What's new

Uggghhhh!!!!!! Qwikylynx !!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Giles

Second Unit
EVERYTIME I OPEN IE I GET THESE CONTINUOUS POPUPS THAT GO TO WWW.QWIKYLYNX.COM

IT OPENS UP SEVERAL INTERNET WINDOWS TO THE POINT OF THE COMPUTER MEMORY BEING MAXED OUT.

ANOTHER CO-WORKER DIDNT KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND IT AND IT ENDED UP OPENING OVER 50 WINDOWS TO THAT SAME ADDRESS!!!

HAS ANYONE EVER ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM. AND THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS....HOW DO I GET RID OF IT WITHOUT DOWNLOADING ANY SPYWARE PROGRAMS. I HAVE SPYBOT INSTALLED AND HAVE RAN IT IN SAFE MODE 5 TIMES BUT STILL IT IS THERE. I GUESS I'M LOOKING FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS TO REMOVE IT FROM THE REGISTRY. BY THE WAY, THERE ARE NO PROGRAM FILES TO REMOVE THAT I DONT RECOGONIZE.

Tony Loewen

Stunt Coordinator
First of all, STOP YELLING! ;)

Ad-aware se is a good freeware program, works much better (in my opinion) than spybot s&d. It got rid of things that s&d couldn't. I usually run it every couple of days, just to get rid of tracking cookies if nothing else.

Getting rid of spyware manually is a PITA, and usually means mucking around in the registry where, if you're not 100% sure what you are doing, you can basically render your machine completely unusable. If that's what you want to do, you have lot's of reading ahead of you in forums and newsgroups. Hijack This! is good too, but it identifies things that are essential to the operation of your computer, so usually people us it to create a log of what's on their computer, and post it to a computer tech forum, where someone will look at it and tell them what to get rid of and what to keep.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks