Uggghhhh... had to put the glare screen back on

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug Dickeson, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Doug Dickeson

I removed the "glare screen" from my Mits 55907 several months ago, and have never been happier with the overal look.

However, this Friday, we're hosting a football party at The Mooseplex (to watch The Huskers whup The Buffs). There'll be some small fry amongst the guests, and I just didn't relish being paranoid about little hands on the screen.

So I put the protective screen back on last night.

Egggghhhhh… I can't wait to take it back off.

2. Ross Waite

Ross Waite Stunt Coordinator

Doug,

I'm sure you did the right thing. I have a 2.5 year old, and not a day goes by where I don't have a new set of fingerprints on the screen. It boils down to this...

Is it more of a hassle to temprarily replace the glare screen, or to deal with the guaranteed damage done by the "little ones"?

Enjoy the game. It won't be long before you can remove it again.

-Ross

3. Doug Dickeson

Absolutely right, Ross.

It took less than a minute to put it on, so I'm not really griping about the work involved. It's just that there's so much shiny glare… it's almost like looking at myself in a mirror (being follically challenged, that is. Lots of shiny glare coming off of my forehead :b )

4. AlexB

AlexB Auditioning

I found a better solution to this problem. I bought a sheet of plexiglass and 2 "L" brackets with holes in them from Home Depot. Drilled 2 holes in the plexiglass and tied the "L" brackets to it. Now I have an option of removing the plexiglass whenever I am watching the movies or leaving it on when the kids are present.