What's new

UFO's found in Classic Paintings Shocker! (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Heres something to make you smile, or gasp in disbelief...;)
"OLD Master artists recorded UFOs in their paintings
centuries before Mulder and Scully opened their X-Files, a scientist claims.
Italian Roberto Volterri insists that several works by his countrymen, dating back to 1406, show “strange objects in the sky”.
And he has come up with a string of examples in a bid to prove the artists knew the truth was out there.
Mr Volterri, 56, said: “I believe the painters deliberately put these objects in because they knew they were of great importance and wanted to leave a record.”

THE PAINTING: Glorification of the Eucharist.
THE ARTIST: Bonaventura Salimbeni (1567-1613).
WHERE IT HANGS: Church of San Lorenzo in San Pietro, Montalcino, near Siena.
WHAT IT SHOWS: Christ and a white-bearded God sitting on a cloud clasping the antennae of a metallic sphere which looks remarkably like a Sputnik — an early Russian space satellite.
What appears to be a camera lens can be seen pointing down from the globe. Is it filming the scene below for transmission to curious aliens viewing from far, far away?

THE PAINTING: The Miracle Of The Snow.
THE ARTIST: Masolino da Panicale (1383-1447).
WHERE IT HANGS: Capodimonte Museum, Naples.
WHAT IT SHOWS: The painting supposedly depicts a snowfall in Rome in the second half of the 4th Century.
But the sky is filled with mysterious objects. Could they be a host of invading flying saucers?
If they are, the crowd below seem more engrossed in looking at the snow than their fate at the hands of alien hordes.
[hmmm looks like a scene from Independence Day]
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2002560698,00.html
:alien:

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
"Chariots of the Gods" anyone??? Interesting but I agree with the writer of the article:
...the crowd below seem more engrossed in looking at the snow than their fate at the hands of alien hordes.
Shouldn't they be looking up in amazement or horror? If humans were experiencing "visitors" I would expect the UFOs to appear in far more paintings and in written history, not just a few paintings here and there.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm Have you ever seen Mulder and Christ in the same room?
Nooooooooooo
Mulder in a 3 week binge and no Haircut = Jesus H Christ

I think Mr Christ-ou might have a little explaining.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
I am surprised that Mssr. Christou missed what should be for him a rather familiar object. I don't see a sputnik. It looks like an early version of a rather oversized "bong."

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
*cough*cough* Whaaat? Those are UFO's I tells ya!!*cough* Look [points] there and there! It's not just the bleedin' Inca's that were encountering them you know! Ok now I'm going to google for ancient paintings with crop circles in 'em, I'll be back!*cough*

GeorgeTW

Stunt Coordinator
If those pictures haven't been altered, it really makes one wonder how they survived when first commissioned. At least one of those paintings couldn't be more obvious in its portrayal of an orbiting formation. clouds don't line up is that way.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I wish Chariots of the Gods was out on DVD! I actually remember seeing it in the theater when I was a kid (as a double feature with The Boggy Creek Monster).

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Larry,
i think i saw the same double feature when i was a kid, the boggy creek one was called "The Legend of Boggy Creek".

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
In the first picture I see representations of 2 people sitting on a cloud holding pointers. The round thing looks like a representation of earth. The yellow ball at the top is the reflection of the sun. The thing in the bottom that they say is a lense looks like the moon as it orbits the earth. The whole round thing could also be a crystal ball type thing.

The second picture I see artistic renderings of clouds. Paintings don't have to look exactly like the objects they depict.

But hey, if it looks like UFO's to some people oh well, some people want to believe in extremely complex solutions instead of whats right in front of them.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Space Aliens or Bad Art?

Steve
I ve seen a few others where there is a definite "UFO" object in the background...
I also saw in a art museum in Denmark this little boy bugering a deer....and if you look very close.....
AW nevermind!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks