What's new

UFC Ongoing Thread (2 Viewers)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Guys, that Salmon knockout was sick! He gets kicked in the head and is already out cold while standing up. He lands on the floor like a sack of potatos, and hits his head on the floor HARD! And to top it all, Rashad Evans got 2 good clean punches to the face before the referee stopped the fight.

7 minutes is a very long time to be out. I don't think I've ever since such a bad/good (depends how you look at it) knockout.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Brent T

Second Unit
A none title fight !? I am rather disappointed by this. So this PPV wont have a title fight, am I correct ?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
There is no title bout on tonight's show. If you're looking to blame someone blame Travis Lutter, he had 3 months to prepare for tonight, he was well-aware that this fight would be happening and he couldn't make weight. Your disappointment is understandable, but really Lutter was probably getting knocked silly in round 1 and that's not changing because it is now 3 fights instead of five.

As penalty for missing his weight, aside from this becoming non-title, Lutter is fined 10% of his purse. 5 percent goes to the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the other 5 goes to Anderson Silva himself.

Check out the giant preview and predictions for this show
Some good stuff here, including links to all of the fighter profiles, as well you can find out what Travis Lutter and I have in common.

Brent T

Second Unit
We enjoyed the show for the most part, but we enjoyed it being HD the most. I was really hoping that Lutter would have had his nose busted with a big Anderson Knee, but the tap out was great.

The dark fights seemed to be the most entertaining fights of all.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That was a good PPV but it was too bad that there was no title match. I can't believe Lutter was so irresponsible with his weight. After all he went through during the Ultimate Fighter TV show. I bet the other guys that he beat during the show must be really pissed off at him for losing the right to the title match they all wanted.

So what's going to happen to Lutter now? Does he have to start from scratch if he wants another title shot?

Rampage Jackson looked OK and Cro Cop looked even better. The UFC is getting better and better.

That last match between the 2 short guys (Griffin is one of them I think?) was arguably the best match of the night.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, pretty much. I don't feel too bad though really about it ending up as a non-title match, its not like the fight went to the decision or anything, it ended in round 2 which could just has easily happened in a title fight so really there's no difference.

I am sad only that Lutter's face is still in tact.

So now attention moves to UFC 68.

Randy Couture Vs. Tim Sylvia
Rich Franklin Vs. Jason MacDonald
Matt Hughes Vs. Chris Lytle
Renato "Babalu" Sobral Vs. Jason Lambert

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Randy Couture Vs. Tim Sylvia
Rich Franklin Vs. Jason MacDonald
Matt Hughes Vs. Chris Lytle
Renato "Babalu" Sobral Vs. Jason Lambert

Now this is a line up that I look forward to seeing. This last UFC did not interest me at all and is the first one in over a year that I did not PPV or goes to someones house to watch.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
If you don't follow PRIDE and K-1, I could see why UFC 67 wouldn't interest you much, but getting Rampage Jackson and Cro Cop really was notable. These are guys who immediately are at the top of the food chain.

I'm nowhere near versed enough in UFC and UFC fighters to make a prediction, but under the theory that you get better by doing, here's my prediction: I see Randy Couture losing. He was a great fighter, but he's getting old. UFC isn't what you should be doing in your 40's. I wish my body were still like it was in my 20's, but it just isn't biologically possible. You can work out as much as you want, but you can't stop muscle fiber loss. You aren't going to be as fast or as strong. Sure, knowledge, experience and luck can help, but only so much.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Mikah, for what its worth, I've been spending the beter part of a day trying to talk myself out of predicting a Sylvia title win. I just can't do it, at least not yet. I agree with you, this will be a tough one for Couture. I want to see Couture win, but right now if I had to make my pick I'd take Sylvia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks