What's new

UFC Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
TUF 7 Ep. 1 Thoughts/results

The show was structured exactly the way I thought it would be with 8 fights and most of them shown in highlight form.

Fight Night was really good and threw some of my rankings all out of wack. It is a good thing I've got until the end of the month to reorganize them.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I have all but 100% decided to order/cover/review the Yamma show on the 11th. Yes, I have many many things I could better spend $34.95 on or whatever, but I just get the sense that this could be one of those all-time disasters that really could stand to be archived for historical purposes.

Why do I think this? Well, this is a good sign of bad things to come this has huge but histerical failure written on it.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Fight Night was really good.

The Houston Alexander knockout was sick and yet hilarious to watch.

Nate Diaz has a very bright future ahead of him. I was surprised to see his brother Nick there but it's good to show support.

That kid Anthony Johnson looked good. Didn't give Tommy Speer a chance.

Kenny Florian, good as always. Him fighting Huerta would be sweet!

Was it just me or were there a lot of fights that were not aired? Manny Gamburyan, Clay Guida, George Sotiropoulos? I wanted to see their fights.

TUF 7 was interesting. I like how they PIP'd Dana and the coaches and you could hear their comments. I don't know if it's going to be like that on every fight but so far, I like it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
They aired 7 of 12 fights on FN 13.

Both of Anthony Johnson's wins in the UFC have been quick, his first victory was at FN 10 in June of 07 and he won in 13 seconds.

IFL Live Coverage

and I'm happy it is at 7:30 central because I've had a long day and am dog tired but I'm here.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Tim Sylvia and Fedor are fighting July 19th most likely in Dallas. I dont have the link but its reported at various MMA sites.

I think Fedor will win but I wouldnt be shocked if Timmy has the underdog mentality and pulls off the upset...just to screw Randy, now that would be hilarious!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Don't count your Fedor fights until they've ... ben fought, I guess. Yes, the fight is rumored and yes, it could happen, but when it comes to Fedor I won't believe it until it is signed and due to the M-1 Global silliness I might not believe it then.
Fedor's manager says no deal is in place, so we'll just wait and see.

In other words, sorry for being so quiet lately but I've had to do a lot more stuff lately due to my site co-owner's on-going relocation from his apartment in to a new house.

I decided to cover Yamma tomorrow, yeah this could be an all-time trainwreck of a show but if it is at least I'll have documented thoughts on it.

TUF last night was ok, I'm still not convinced we have the 16 best guys in the house but we do have 16 guys. I'd sure like to know how they came up with those matchups in the first place.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That was a sick knockout on TUF wasn't it? I've never heard anyone making a noise like that after being TKO'd and I believe "Rampage" made the same comment.

The guy kept saying "was that a real fight or training?", :laugh:

Poor guy...he was f...d up! And his jaw might've been broken too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks