What's new

UECweb.com Refurbished Hitachi Purchase Report (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jorgensen

Auditioning
I recieved my Hitachi 36UDX10S on Tuesday and have had a couple days to check it out. I think most people are familiar with this set so I won't go into to much detail on the hardware except to say that I am very pleased with it so far. It replaced a 10 year old 27" GE, so it is a nice big step up as far as size and technology is concerned.
I placed my order on 3/1/2001 and promptly received an email confirming my purchased. A week later I got a call from UECs local agent saying that My TV was in and could they please arrange a time to deliver it. So far so good.
The delivery was a bit rocky. They were a man short and I had to help move the TV in and install it, not too big of a deal, but this is the only area where they deviated from their promised service.
Uncrated the TV from it's factory packaging and the initial inspection was good. All manuals and accessories were present. There was a small dent/blemish on the top left corner of the set, but this seems to be the only defect. The TV performs wonderfully and I feel like I got a great deal.
If you are looking for a discount entry into the world of HDTV I am certain you could do a lot worse than http://www.uecweb.com/

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Jeff

Glad you like the set. Couple questions.

How much did they charge you for shipping?

Did you buy an extended warranty? If yes, how long and how much?

I've been looking at the 53UXD10B that was top rated by Consumer Reports. UEC price $1,500.

If they showed up at my place a man short, there is no way I would participate that involved heavy lifting. Bad back.

Arie

Jeff Jorgensen

Auditioning
Arie;

They have a delivery charge based on screen size. The 36" was $165, for delivery, setup, and removal of packaging. Larger TV's are more, but not much. The information is on the UEC site. It took 9 business days all together, but about 2 days of that was a delay caused by me because I couldn't find time to be home to accept the delivery.

I didn't buy the extended warrantee, but I'm still thinking about it.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Actually, I'm interested, but not familiar with this set. Are there other discussion threads here on this same TV.

It seems it is a native 1080i CRT display, right? but does NOT come with an integrated HDTV tuner. If true, what & where are people looking for HDTV tuners and approx. what can one expect to pay?

Thanks ... Scott

george king

Supporting Actor
Scott,

This set is HDTV ready, which means you need an external tuner. Tuners range in price from about $400 to $900, depending on the model and features. For example, most of the tuners are combo in that they are tuners for DirectTV and HDTV.

One comment (I own a 36udx10s set). This set only has one set of component inputs. Thus if you buy a tuner and have a DVD player, you will need to run the component outs either through your receiver/preamp (and hope that it has enough bandwidth to pass the full signal) or buy an external switcher: JVC makes a manual switcher (you have to push a button to select the source) for about $80, or there are a variety of active (atuomatic switchers) that run from about $300-$800.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks