UC players on Xbox Live, how often do you get dropped?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee L, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

Question for Unreal Championship players. How often do you get dropped when playing Live? I'm trying to rule out my connection. Sometimes I can play 10-15 games no problem but once things start getting glitchy, I get dropped once every 5 games or so at times. Is this what others are seeing? Sometimes, I'll get the session no longer available, sometimes I just no longer can fire (still makes a sound but nothing leaves the gun). Sometimes, I can't connect to the game and IT will sit at the loading screen forever until I hit B to cancel. I have my xbox running through a WET-11 but I get a 95-100% signal.

2. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

I was dropped twice on Saturday.
    UC has one of the worst networking set-ups of all the online games but hopefully a future patch will help.

3. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

I usually try playing on 3 star or better servers; I rarely get dropped that way. Otherwise, I get dropped intermittently during loading screens, and a few times during actual gameplay.

4. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

I've had UC for 3 days, and I've played on Xbox Live for about 15 or so matches. I haven't been dropped yet. I know there was some network stuff going on, and people couldn't sign on, on Saturday and Sunday, at least according to the Xbox Live forums.