What's new

UBid.com - Why Can't I Find Much? (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Lately I've heard of some forum members finding great deals on HT equipment at ubid.com so I decided to go to their site and do a couple searches:
Aragon: No matches
Parasound: 1 match
Anthem: No matches (for HT stuff)
I then went to the "Consumer Electronics" tab, and clicked on "Home Audio." A note came up that said "Displaying Auctions from 1 to 294" and yet I received a total of 11 listings, with no way to scroll for more.
What gives? Am I somehow searching incorrectly, or misunderstanding how ubid.com works, or am I just unlucky in that there isn't much there right now (that I'm interested in)?

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
The Aragon amp auctions began about 3 weeks ago and have really slowed in the last few days. Nothing today but if you check uBid everyday something will turn up.

I have checked the "High End Room" of Consumer Electronics at uBid everyday for several years and snagged an Aragon 8008x5 in the first auction for those amps.

It can take a while to find what you want at uBid but persistance can pay off.

Best of luck to you!

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I just unlucky in that there isn't much there right now
Based on many bad experiences by HTF members (including me) at UBid, you are actually quite lucky to find nothing for sale. IMHO, it is a terrible, terrible choice for buying your HT gear.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Make sure you are well aware of what the seller is charging for shipping! I find the charges to be quite overpriced.

grumble...grumble...

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
UBid is discussed extensively online. Here are some complaints you'll commonly encounter:
  • Outrageous shipping
  • Suspicious bidding activities
  • Auctions cancelled or extended without explanation
  • False/misleading descriptions
  • False/misleading warranty info
  • Difficult returns
  • Items received in poor shape
  • Poor customer service
  • Excessive wear and tear on refurbished items
  • Refurbished items shipped incomplete
Link Removed

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
I have to add that in my two UBid purchases, I experienced 8 of the aforementioned 10 problems.

Never again!

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Wow, sounds like you and others have had some pretty bad experiences, whereas others seem ok with using UBid. It does make me a little leery, and that's a shame because in some cases it's where you can get the best deal.
Thanks for sharing your opinions!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I've bought two products through Ubid.
  1. A Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080 5 channel Home Theater amplifier.
  2. A sound card for my PC.[/list=1] I have been very happy with both products and the prices I got. The shipping was reasonable for both, the items arrived in perfect condition, I didn't need to use their customer service. Based on my limited experience I will shop at Ubid again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks