U2's new single - "Electrical Storm"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -
    looks like this is going to be the new single, released in conjunction with a(nother) best-of. i hate it when bands do this. didn't they just release a best of? whatever. [​IMG] i'll probably end up gettin' it just to keep my discography complete. [​IMG]
    the single is pretty awesome though. i really like it.
    if you're curious, check out the video here:
    http://www.q4music.com/nav?page=q4mu...esource=200642
    the video's cool. it features larry mullen and the gal who played the precog in minority report. it's nice to see someone else in the limelight of a u2 video.
    ted
    np: moby

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Saw the video on VH1 a couple of days ago. Pretty interesting, and the song sounded better than most of their recent stuff that I was not impressed with. Been a longtime fan of theirs (~1981, whoa...), and while I understand that a band has to change, I don't think they changed for the better.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

yeah, i sorta agree with you john. love their early stuff, totally dug the joshua tree & achtung baby phase.
    then, they lost it for a while. no clue what pop / whatever cd "numb" was on, etc.
    then they put out the "passengers" cd which was totally cool.
    i think they're on a new niche now...which i must admit i like. love all that you can't leave behind - electric storm is more reflective of that style.
    i suppose bands have to change, but they still need to be true. that whole electronic phase just didn't cut it - i think they lost a lot of fans along the way. U2 and emphasized keyboards is a no-no. i mean they're not flock of seagulls or anything... [​IMG]

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, they've been playiong that song for about 2, 3 weeks already.. pretty good [​IMG]