What's new

U2's new single - "Electrical Storm" (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -
looks like this is going to be the new single, released in conjunction with a(nother) best-of. i hate it when bands do this. didn't they just release a best of? whatever. :rolleyes:i'll probably end up gettin' it just to keep my discography complete. :)
the single is pretty awesome though. i really like it.
if you're curious, check out the video here:
http://www.q4music.com/nav?page=q4mu...esource=200642
the video's cool. it features larry mullen and the gal who played the precog in minority report. it's nice to see someone else in the limelight of a u2 video.
ted
np: moby

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Saw the video on VH1 a couple of days ago. Pretty interesting, and the song sounded better than most of their recent stuff that I was not impressed with. Been a longtime fan of theirs (~1981, whoa...), and while I understand that a band has to change, I don't think they changed for the better.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i sorta agree with you john. love their early stuff, totally dug the joshua tree & achtung baby phase.
then, they lost it for a while. no clue what pop / whatever cd "numb" was on, etc.
then they put out the "passengers" cd which was totally cool.
i think they're on a new niche now...which i must admit i like. love all that you can't leave behind - electric storm is more reflective of that style.
i suppose bands have to change, but they still need to be true. that whole electronic phase just didn't cut it - i think they lost a lot of fans along the way. U2 and emphasized keyboards is a no-no. i mean they're not flock of seagulls or anything... :)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
didn't they just release a best of?
4 Years ago. And that one clearly titled the best of 1980-1990. It doesn't take too much brainpower to realise that they just might be releasing another best of. I'm actually surprised that it wasn't out sooner.

As for Electric Storm... I don't like it much. Haven't seen the video.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, they've been playiong that song for about 2, 3 weeks already.. pretty good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks