U2 on SACD or DVD-A?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Pratt, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Any news on when we might see a high rez format of joshua tree? I'd be very tempted to jump into either of these new formats if this album became available

2. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Being as U2 is on the Island Records label which is a subsidiary of Universal Records, if they do make it to hi-rez, chances are that it would be on SACD as that is the way Universal is going at the present time. Whether or not they would also get released on DVD-A remains to be seen as Universal has stated that they will begin releasing DVD-A's early next year. Unfortunately, whether it gets done as a single layer or hybrid SACD is hard to say as Universal is releasing both.

3. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Well, U2 is on the Polygram label which is part of the Universal Music Group. Universal has just begun releasing a few SACD, so there may be a chance of U2 coming out on SACD down the raod, but nothing has been announced or rumored currently.

J

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I would love to hear Joshua Tree on SACD or DVD-Audio. Hopefully the backers of both formats and Universal realize that U2 could give high-resolution audio a big boost.

5. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I bet Achtung Baby would sound nice in Multi-Channel SACD![​IMG]

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

John, good call. I'd like to hear "Mysterious Ways" and "Even Better Than the Real Thing" in 5.1. If only we ran the record companies. [​IMG]

7. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I'd settle for a decent remaster of The Unforgettable Fire, my favorite U2 album, which sounds as though Eno and Lanois had the microphones set up outside of the castle. What a shame.