U.K Exclusive Simpsons DVDS

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Michael Pakula, May 2, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

I noticed on the TV DVD Listing topic that some one owned the following simpsons dvds below. I thought they were made up at first but after doing a search on amazon sure enough they were in fact true. So Im wondering if there was a chance we will see these DVDS in North America. Has anyone heard anything about these DVDS?.

The Simpsons: Film Festival
    The Simpsons: Backstage Pass
    The Simpsons: Risky Business
    The Simpsons: Bart Wars
    The Simpsons: The Dark Secrets Of The Simpsons
    The Simpsons: Go To Hollywood
    The Simpsons: Greatest Hits
    The Simpsons: Too Hot For TV

-Mike

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Well, according to This news item over at TVShowsOnDVD.com there is supposedly going to be a DVD coming out called "The Simpsons: Gone Wild" which is a DVD of summer themed episodes. Supposedly going to come out in 2004, and I use the word supposedly only because I believe that David or Gord was going to try and get official confirmation of what they had received.

So region 1 is starting to see a lot of single disc releases for the Simpsons, but IMO the first couple that we got weren't all that great.

3. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

These are not UK exclusives, they are available everywhere on Region 2. The discs are nothing more than themed collections of The Simpsons episodes from various seasons. As a collector, I much prefer full season sets and thus have not looked at these closely, but I seriously doubt they include worthwhile extras that do not appear on the season sets.

4. david_slater

david_slater Stunt Coordinator

same here... season sets only for me please! [​IMG]
    the only thing is at the pace there releaseing them i may not live long enough to get them. [​IMG]

5. Ryan Belfast

Ryan Belfast Stunt Coordinator

I Live in UK and I dont bother with these. I am just awaiting the seasons sets, if only fox would release them a little quicker. [​IMG]

6. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

yep same here. Just season sets for me